Had a bad food weekend.

Options
Okay, so this weekend I decided to forget about eating healthily and just eat whatever I want and however much of it that I want as I had a party yesterday. This weekend I am therefore about 2,000 calories over my calorie goal. I don't regret it, and I know that it can be cancelled out by four more days of dieting. I'm scared about getting lazy... and it turning in to a 'cheat week' etc. How do you guys stay motivated after a bad patch?

Replies

• kms1320
    kms1320 Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    Just forget about it and move on. When I have a bad day, I drink more water to try to flush some of the extra sodium and go for a long run or add an extra exercise routine. One meal, or even one day won't really get me off track, but a cheat week? At that point, you aren't dieting anymore.
  • noobletmcnugget
    noobletmcnugget Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! :) I'm going to go do that now! I'll be back on track starting tomorrow. Plus I just went and looked at loads of 'fitspiration' pictures which has really motivated me again :happy:
  • Saliang
    Saliang Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I need to do the same. I had a bad week but in terms of fitness...still maintained my calorie intake goal but I only exercised once versus at least 5 days a week. Just felt tired and could not be bothered...bit I will start again tomorrow!
  • ThePinkPenguin
    Options
    I struggle on weekends too! I have never gone that far over my calorie goal, but for some reason, I equate weekends to relaxing and just forgetting about everything. I do fine all week with calories mostly, then on the weekends, it's like I forget what to do! I just try to get back on track that Monday, but it's still frustrating.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    To be honest, you can't afford to have this attitude of forgetting about it until you've been dedicated with a lower calorie diet and eating better foods for at least 2 months. Because you need this to become a life style change and the norm for you, that way when you do say "screw it" you find you make much better choices anyway. My idea of saying "screw it" now is ordering some sushi with friends or having a latte and muffin at starbucks one day. Whereas before it'd have been ordering a large pizza to myself and eating it, then laying in bed all day watching movies. Lol.
    Now, I physically could not do that and don't have the desire to.

So try to avoid doing that at all if you can. If you find cheat days/meals aren't working for you, don't do it. It's not for everyone and some people find it too tempting to fall into a bad day if they have these "cheats".
  • djeffreys10
    djeffreys10 Posts: 2,312 Member
    Options
    I go anywhere from 500-1000 calories over every Saturday. I don't worry about it, because I plan on doing it. I have been doing it ever since I started this, and it has been working for me.
  • Coyoteldy
    Coyoteldy Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    hang in there... we ALL do it.. and sometimes we just need to!
  • craigmandu
    craigmandu Posts: 976 Member
    Options
    I've had a bit silly weekend too...I haven't been "over", but I've not been "healthy" either.

It's not gonna kill you, it's in the past, no need to worry about it now. You are already in the present. Focus on today, and get it in order for today. One day at a time!
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    If I go over, I work it back so my weekly target is on plan. Having said that, 2000 over for me would mean writing the episode off and chalking it up to experience. We all do it occasionally - it's when it becomes a regular thing that it's a problem in which case I would suggest trying to work out what your triggers are and how to avoid them.
  • Skrib69
    Skrib69 Posts: 687 Member
    Options
    Yesterday was my bad day. Friends and family round for a bbq with too much beer, wine and whisky. It was planned for and great fun!
  • PixieAdele
    PixieAdele Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the reply! :) I'm going to go do that now! I'll be back on track starting tomorrow. Plus I just went and looked at loads of 'fitspiration' pictures which has really motivated me again :happy:

I love fitspo! Really gets me raring to go to the gym and inspires me to eat better too and try new things.