Starting out

Options
Hi, this is my first time on MFP and i am really not sure what to expect from a plan like this..I started the plan yesterday. I have gained about 2stone over a year and I really would like to lose it, more for health reasons than anything else, i am gaining around my middle and thighs. I ran half a marathon last year and feel so far removed from where I was.

I wen over the 1200 calories today by 66..I overestimated how much my dinner was. Does anyone have any tips for anyone starting out on this plan? I exercise about four times a week for half an hour each time, i think i need to up this..How much do people generally lose in the first few weeks? is it always more or less? Any tips or hints on food, exercise, goals etc would be good..

Good luck to everyone!!!

Replies

• kailexx
    kailexx Posts: 197
    Options
    Welcome! I wasn't sure what to expect either, i just kind of went with it and started logging to start, which helped me control my calories, and then started working in exercise, I am looking to lose weight for my health as well, as diabetes and heart disease is in my immediate family. My calorie daily goal is 1280, and It's hard to not go over, especially when you're first starting out, over by 66 is not much at all, especially when you're still getting used to the plan, it all takes time for you and your body to adjust! I exercise daily from anywhere to 20 minutes to 2 hours, and in the first month I lost 10 pounds ( mostly water weight i'm assuming ) all our bodies are different, but you're already on a great track by starting to log and including exercise!