Took a "break" and gained it all back - time to start over

Options
kaetra
kaetra Posts: 442 Member
I'm 5' 1", 44 years old and I lost about 36 pounds with MFP during 2011/2012. After eight months of MFP I got really burned out and decided to "take a break" in May of 2012 and hopefully use what I learned. Well, of course I gained it all back. It took me 8 months to lose 36 pounds and about 6 months to gain it all back. (I tried to come back to MFP a couple times, but could never get past the first day.)

Well, I've been back on MFP for a week now and things are going pretty well, I'm feeling pretty committed. This time around I'm not going to be an OCD logger, for example this time I'm not logging water but I'm drinking tons of it - well over 8 a day. I think what burned me out before was being so log-OCD (e.g. crazy stuff like calculating and logging things like 2 cashews). So this time around I'm going to try just using MFP as a tool to help me, and try really hard not to be so OCD about it.

What's really discouraging is looking at my previous "before" picture and my previous close-to-goal "during" picture and not really seeing a huge difference between myself at 180 pounds and 150 pounds. 30 pounds down I only dropped 2 pant sizes - went from a loose 16 to a loose 12. But I had a lot more energy which was really nice, and I felt so much better about myself being just "overweight" instead of "obese".

So far starters I'm shooting for "overweight" status. Sounds crazy, but hey - baby steps!

We're going on vacation in the middle of June and last summer I threw away all my bigger shorts!!! So, if I don't dump some gut-fat by June I won't have any clothes to wear this summer! Ha!