Picking an HRM

Options
So i'm about to start a new job as a swimming teacher. As a kid i practically lived in the pool but haven't swam much sense. At my interview i had to swim a few laps ( I guess to show them I really could swim?) by the time I was done my heart was pounding! I'm excited about this new job especially because I know it will help me to loose weight. Also having a gym litterally at work will help take away excuses not to do some sort of excersise... I want to get a HRM to wear all day so try and keep track of what calories I truely am burning. Is it reasonable to wear one all day? Do all of them require you to wear a chest strap or are there any that are just the wrist watch part? I obviously will need one that is water proof but would also like one with GPS if possible. Does anyone have any suggestions? And yes I know this has been covered but thanks in advance for any help :)

Replies

• NOLA_Meg
    NOLA_Meg Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I have a Polar F11 and I really like it. I know that certain models of Polar HRMs are able to be worn while swimming, and I think they are the only brand currently that allows you to do so. You have to wear a chest strap, but it is hardly noticeable and it makes the reading more accurate. I would just start looking around and pick a few that look interesting and then pop on here and ask for people's opinions on the different ones, I'm sure there will be at least one person with each that you are interested in.