Veggie&Fruit Substitution Challenge – 1-Day at.a.time

Options
RebelRenny
RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
This "1 day at.a.time" challenge is meant for those who would like to increase their fruit and veggie consumption and create an awareness of their nutritional values. This is a challenge for 2013, which I try to post once a week, (but it is turning out to be about once a month, because I've been a little busy lately)

Any day is a good day to participate.

1. Post if you are in and what you are going to do for a day
2. Report back how you did at the end of the day or – also good - the next morning!

Here is how the challenge works:
-SUBSTITUTE any (or all) of the starch / meat / dairy food portion in a meal with Fresh Vegetables (where possible)
-EAT vegetables and/or fruit at every meal and snack time for a day.
-Have only (fresh) fruits or vegetables for snacks
-Drink 8oz of water and stay away from alcohol / soft drinks
-Aim for 30g of fiber for the day
-If you can't do a whole day, do one meal

Good luck everyone!
Rebel Renny
From Vancouver Island, BC, Canada

Replies

• jodios528
    jodios528 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    I'm in...perfect for meatless monday. Jodios
  • jodios528
    Options
    ok I did it. Mix of berries on oatmeal for breakfast, thai stir fry with a mix of veggies for lunch, apple with almond butter for snack and homemade pizza with fresh cherry tomatoes and pesto. I've had 40oz of water and hit at least 34g of fiber (ddin't know all the fiber g for all the things I ate).

Thanks for the challenge I had a nice healthy day.
  • RebelRenny
    RebelRenny Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: wow jodios. You did well.

For me today was yoghurt/apple/banana for breakfast, big salad for lunch, fruit for afternoon snack and plate of stirfried veggies for supper. I haven't even had time to log everything yet.

ttyl
    Renny
  • jodios528
    Options
    Even though it was just a one day challenge I'm seeing how good I do today as well. So far Greek yogurt with berries and granola for breakfast. Planning on making Japanese curry for dinner with chicken, onions, carrots and cauliflower. I don't know what I'm going to eat for lunch yet, but I'm going to try to work in some veggies there too. Maybe a big spinach salad. I'm already on my second glass of water so off to a pretty good start. Jodios
  • jodios528
    Options
    Hey quick question - if I snack on popped corn does that count? I forgot I have left over cherry tomato and pesto pizza so that will be lunch...I'm liking this challenge!