Compression socks?Are they really helpful?

Options
So I was looking for headbands...when I came across these...lol:) Im not gonna lie...I seriously think these are awesome and want some...but the price is a lil high for "socks"...but if they will actual aid is my running...then "maybe" I could swallow paying that much...does anyone else use compression socks?do they help in any way?Or are they really just a waste of money?

Replies

• iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    They're supposed to help with recovery. Thinking of getting some myself to sleep in but I don't know that they help during a run.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    I ♥ my compression socks! They do help with soreness and I think they look darn cute too! I got mine here:

http://store.runningskirts.com/accessories/compression-socks

I also have a pair of zensah compression sleeves which I like too.

http://www.zappos.com/zensah-compression-leg-sleeves-neon-pink?ef_id=UWN50QAAAGHZYDWc:20130505223703:s
  • TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    Buy a good pair, CEP is my favorite

They are amazing for recovery, don't really do much while running
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    When I first started running I got a lot of calf pain & tightness. The compression socks put a stop to that. I originally bought the Zensah sleeves but they seemed to wear out quickly. Now I use 2XU socks for my long runs only (anything 5+ miles). I also have a pair of CEP socks but they just don't compare to 2XU.
  • johnknappcc
    johnknappcc Posts: 28
    Options
    Do they help at all with knee / IT band issues? I've tried the Pratt Strap, custom orthotics, gait analysis, different shoes and still having some left knee pain (getting better though).
  • ythannah
    ythannah Posts: 4,368 Member
    Options
    I ♥ my compression socks! They do help with soreness and I think they look darn cute too!

Wow, I could just hug you for saying that they look "cute"!

I have to wear Class 2 compression stockings (and sometimes Class 3) for lymphatic edema, and I hate not being able to wear shorts and skirts.

But I have to admit they make my legs feel more energized, and they really help my circulation -- which is compromised with the edema.