just for the ladies: time of the month

Options
how much do you normally gain at the time of the month?..

last week i weighed in and was 65kg..then i weighed in lastnight (on a different scale) i was 69kg..i was in total shock..
today i rechecked at the clinic and yes, i am 69kg..i'm on my 3rd day..is this realy normal?..i mean,4kg..or was i wrong last week.. feelin a bit down..

Replies

• cocoNo5
    cocoNo5 Posts: 4
    Options
    Hi Cuddlyaries!

Your post is really interesting, i too gain a signifficant amount of weight around my monthly cycle and can gain up to 1/2 stone! I bloat and swell and none of my clothers fit, i usually get this a week before my cycle and then at least for the 1st 4 days. Once i am over that period i am usually ok and my body settles down and i loose the excess.
    It is usually fluid retention, carrying extra water and feeling uncomfortable, so i can truely relate!

I find excercise helps and being strict with what i eat although pre cycle i get the munchies and ridiculous food cravings!

Best of luck and stick with it.....it's easy to feel down but don't let it beat you!

Have a good day,

Coco x
  • Lafox88
    Lafox88 Posts: 7
    Options
    I tend to gain around 3lbs or so during my period which is really off putting when your trying to lose weight, I suppose there are two options really input the weight and then your next weigh in will have the added bonus of it coming off or just skip the weigh in until you finish :)

Coco i totally relate to the craving on and around all i want is carbs carbs carbs lol

x
  • WussKat
    WussKat Posts: 63
    Options
    Hi Cuddlyaries!

Yes - I am the same - I can go up almost a dress size for around 6 days and then overnight I go back to normal. I have always been the same and its real annoying when you have a special occasion to go to and your clothes are too tight yet you know if it was a few days later they would fit perfectly!

As Coco says - stick with it! It can only get better :smile:
  • shelleycolton
    shelleycolton Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Hi, I have also had similar experiances and it is so disappointing, this month i gain 3lbs but i normalise about a day or so after. My appetite is huge too and i get lazy too. Now i come to expect it too, so try and plan it in and not let it derail me.
  • RWilliams_Fit
    RWilliams_Fit Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    ya i gain 7-10 lbs every single month during that time ... its awful! i literally wake up 7 lbs heavier then gain the rest throughout the next couple days. i was told to take water pills by my doctor, but honestly they just dont work for me, i basically just dela with it and stay away from the scale now during that time!
  • tattereds
    tattereds Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I almost started to cry on Saturday when I saw that I had somehow gained 3 kg in two days, then quickly pulled it together when I realised that I'm almost at 'that time'. I decided not to log the weight gain and weigh again in two more days.
    So, weighed again this morning, and back to where I was on Thursday... Those 3kg have mysteriously disappeard, but Aunt Flo has not arrived yet so ?????

Darn being female!
  • JenniferH81
    JenniferH81 Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    I only gain about 1lb, but it feels like so much more. my fingers all swell up and my boobs get almost a cup size bigger and they freaking hurt :( It sure gets old having to deal with this once a month!!
  • dulcy
    dulcy Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    me too!! I gain a good 4 or 5 lbs & nothing fits! I go up a size for about 5 days, which is pants!!!!!!!!
    I just avoid weighing myself around this time as it can be upsetting. I crave 'junk' for a few days before. Mainly sweet things or crisps & I don't always manage to stop myself from having them!!!! x
  • Melanie1967
    Melanie1967 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I think all of us ladies can relate on this one! Mine has been 3-4lbs up the first 2 months. The thhird month, I did what dulcy said, I didn't weigh in that week because I didn't want to be upset about it! LOL!! I weighed in the following week with a 3.5 lb lost, so that being a 2 week weigh in, it was probably about a 6lb loss with what I had gained from TOM. My biggest problem is my bloating starts 3-4 days before hand. I try then to really keep my sodium lower and my water intake up.
  • mabear74
    mabear74 Posts: 248
    Options
    I stay away from the scale starting with the few days before TOM up to the a few days after. I would gt discouraged at seeing the weight gain. Even though I knew what it was from, it didn[t really make it any easier to see. Now I only weigh myself a few times a month. I feel I'm making more progress now that I'm focused on being healthy instead of weight.