diet plan ideas

Options
Hey guys, Ive been feeling a little sluggish with my diet lately and was wondering what kind/if any meal plans you guys do to help yourselves stay more focused. Is there certain breakfasts or foods that you eat every day? Thanks!

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    I typically do protein powder and oatmeal in the morning for convenience. I just picked up 60 eggs as well, so I am going to be boiling some for quick grab breakfasts, since I dont really like proatmeal that much. I also do a lot of turkey sandwiches, tuna salads, string cheese, baked/pan fried chicken, spaghetti, etc.

Really ANYTHING can fit into your diet if you want it to.
  • darkguardian419
    darkguardian419 Posts: 1,302 Member
    Options
    I eat a lot of hardboiled eggs... gets old after a little bit, but it's cheap and easy.
  • matt2442
    matt2442 Posts: 1,259 Member
    Options
    I just picked up 60 eggs as well

yjzwxxy.gif

OP, What Tim said tho...Anything that fits into your calories is good.
  • DancingDreams1234
    Options
    Nuh uh! Don't stick to a meal plan, that totally throws you off board if you mess up, and you feel really confined to it. Look, you've got an endless variety of different foods in this world both healthy and unhealthy, it's up to you what you are willing to put into your body. You want to develop a healthy lifestyle, I hate the word "diet". Eat sensibly, know what your body wants, and enjoy life. Life is much to valuable to confine yourself to dieting rules and regulations.

Any who! For breakfast I would typically have a coffee with skimmed milk, porridge and in it some fresh fruit such as a banana or apple. I used to put sugar in my coffee and porridge, then I switched to honey, finally Ior switched to just using the natural sugars in fruit.

Lunch is a bit complicated for me, I have a BAD habbit of snacking through out the day. So lunch...? It would probably be soup with whole wheat bread, or some kind of sandwhich loaded with spinach. Sometimes I eat Salads for lunch.

Dinner is usually a lean meat such as chicken, potatoes, gravy, and greens.

Drink lots of water!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    i never follow a meal plan. i don't even plan out what i'm having for the day or week. I'm lucky if i know what i'm making for dinner tomorrow.
  • Petrapoo45
    Petrapoo45 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I just like the idea of some sort of plan because it is way too easy for me to get something naughty. If i were to tell myself "okay monday im having this, tuesday im having that..." at least there is some sort of framework. I love the idea of boiled eggs for on the go, great suggestion!! Im all about quick and easy ideas
  • whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,026 Member
    Options
    Meal plans are not for everyone. Some people like the planning and follow it well. Others prefer to go by what they are craving.

What I recommend is planning for the next day. Log all your food the night before so you can be assured of hitting your goals. This gives you the power to adjust as needed.
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    My general meal plan is meat + veg. I always have eggs for breakfast, the protein & fat keeps me full and they are cheap. Snacks are protein shakes, nuts, cheese, yogurt, leftovers etc.) Lunch is a salad or leftovers. Dinner is usually chicken, steak, pork or seafood w/ veggies or salad. I feel sluggish when I eat too many processed foods or meals out. I like to look for new recipes online and use my family as test subjects.

I've used this meal plan for ideas.

http://cavemanstrong.com/mealplans/CavemanStrong-2WeekPaleo-MealPlan.pdf

If you google it you can find meal plans for every diet philosophy. I've also gotten meal plans from Muscle & Fitness Her's and Oxygen magazines.
  • Querian
    Querian Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    My diary is open, check it out!

For breakfast I often make a big batch of oatmeal (baked or on the stove top) with bananas and almond milk plus some other things for variety like dates or nuts or berries. Another thing I have is Greek yogurt with granola and fresh fruit. I have eggs and toast sometimes, usually also have fruit with that, too. I like juicing so sometimes I have juice. Other days I have a green smoothie for breakfast. Lots of options!

As far as foods I eat every day, other than raw greens I'm not sure. I often steam a big batch of brown rice and then use it in lots of different ways, planning to use some with dinner tonight. I eat a lot of fresh fruits and veggies but I do like changing things up cause I get bored easily and like a lot of variety.

I tend to plan a dinner recipe or two and then keep well stocked and improvise as needed. I often plan meals around the oldest ingredient I have on hand so nothing goes bad and I make sure I use up and eat all the food I purchase. I probably go to the store twice a week but mostly because I walk and it's too hard to carry a week of groceries home all at one time if you are walking.