24 and finally getting some discipline!

Options
yasminara
yasminara Posts: 247 Member
Hello:

I've been on mfp for a while but starting February I have really been committed to working out and the lifestyle change. I have seen some progress, but I would like to be more active and have more friends on here so that I have have support and friends with the same goals I have.

So a little about me:

I was a former athlete in high school and didn't really try to lose weight. I always looked decent in clothes and nothing pressured me in college to stay fit. That is, except my ex-boyfriend. I was in love with him at the time and the relationship became very abusive. Aside from losing my self-esteem, he literally made my weight the reason he wasn't attracted to me. (At 123lbs!!)

So I started crash dieting, and gained more weight. The relationship got physically abusive---it was a bad part of my life. When I finally left (sadly he was already dating someone else too, I kind of feel bad for her because he told her I was a friend...even though we dated for 4 years and I met his family), I was depressed because I felt as I lost everything and he lost nothing from it.

I was broke and broken. And...then, I really put on weight. I went from 120/123 to 147/150. I have lost a little and am now at 135, and finally 2 years later with a good boyfriend who just encourages me and thinks I'm beautiful.

For anyone out there that is trying to re-gain confidence, feel like you need to prove you're strong, or just want to really love yourself again---please feel free to add me, we'll do this together.

Much love,

Yasmin

Replies