Exhaustion advice - if you can I'd appreciate it..

Options
2»

Replies

• AmandaReimer1
    AmandaReimer1 Posts: 235 Member
    Options
    How often are you working out? I'd suggest scale it back to a few days a week so you can get more sleep and see what happens!
  • Selunca
    Selunca Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    I follow everyone elses comments - go see your Dr. A simple blood test can tell you a wonderful smattering of things, and rule many of them out. Including anemia, and hypothyroid. You described how I felt before I was diagnosed with Hypothyroid. :)
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    And, sadly, yes I think getting more sleep might be helpful, but I just don't see how I can manage to do that - i mean, getting to bed at 7:30 at night - or 6:30 - just to get up at 4:30 - just doesn't seem feasible. :(

Dang, I'd just love to wake up feeling rested though. this dragging through my days is really getting old.

thank you again!

Does feeling normal seem like something that would be important to you? Adding in sleep is the easiest and lowest cost thing you can try at the moment, no?
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    sleep -
    sleep in stop getting up at 430 or 530 am
  • ValerieMomof2
    ValerieMomof2 Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    I completely understand the not being able to get to bed earlier. Usually AM workouts energize people (not all but many) so I would highly suggest eating back your exercise calories. You should be netting 1500 calories at least. You can't get a good workout if your body isn't fueled so eat back at least some.
  • 60x60
    60x60 Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I'd recommend making an appointment with the dr. for a few weeks out. In the meantime, experiment with more water especially if you are taking new medications. You can experiment with some of the other advice as well. Then if you are still experiencing the exhaustion when you see the dr., you can itemize what you have already tried and help her move forward with the identification of your problem. Being exhausted is one of the worst feelings and I highly sympathize. In the past mine was from low thyroid (requires ongoing tweaking) and later in life from low potassium.