Sweet Tooth Craving

Options
What are some healthy alternatives to help sooth a sweet tooth?

Replies

• luvya7sandra796
    luvya7sandra796 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    I love Quacker Rice cakes, come in so many flavors! My favorite is Chewy Chocolate chip Dipps! It taste like a chocolate bar! With less fat! I also love Kudos bars! Yummy! =)
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am not the best example since I commonly just give in to the temptation BUT herbal tea sometimes helps. Fresh fruit (or frozen) is a good alternative. I also have tic tacs or ginger chews (or other hard candy).
  • starrynight1929
    starrynight1929 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yogurt has a lot of sugar and can be satisfying

Also half a cup of special K cereal does it for me too
  • laurabelle2013
    Options
    yogurt with agave
    ginger tea
    100 calories of dark chocolate
  • YolieCreator
    YolieCreator Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I've been eating greek yogurt lately. I sometimes add cereal for a crunch.
  • nolongerXXL
    nolongerXXL Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    Vita cakes!! Good for your sweet tooth and easy on the waist (@ 50 calories for a decent sized fudgy chocolate brownie like cake!!!)
  • vanderlogt1712
    Options
    They have amazing Fiber One bars now, with caramel and chocolate and such, for only 90 calories! Even brownies for only 100. And, surprisingly enough, they taste like the real thing! It works well for me!
  • lee91356
    lee91356 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I also believe that no good comes from complete deprivation so every now and then its ok to indulge, but on a day-to-day basis I find that yogurt pudding as I call it really hits the spot - plain greek yogurt with one tablespoon sugarfree pudding mix (my fav is the white chocolate or cheesecake) then add in fresh strawberries = HEAVEN! Also good is if you can find carbolite ice cream or sugar free soft serve frozen yogurt from yogurtland or menchies. However sometimes just a sweet drink like a good tea (with 3 splendas lol) or crystal light is enough to satisfy the craving, or mixing walden farm chocolate mix with milk for guilt free cup of chocolate milk.
  • candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I sometimes make a strawberry smoothie! It's really easy to do. Just get a cup of chopped strawberries, half a cup of fat free milk and about 5 ice cubes and blend them together in a blender. It's about 100 calories and tastes great!
  • Francl27
    Francl27 Posts: 26,371 Member
    Options
    100 calories dark chocolate bars, frozen yogurt, mini ice cream cones (nestle mini drumsticks are 110-130 calories), a couple cookies. I like those special K 'pastry crisps' too. All this is like 100 calories, maybe 4g of fat (chocolate is more obviously), and easy to fit in most of my days even with 1600 calories or something. Seriously I have one of those things every day pretty much (sometimes 2). It makes maintaining this diet soooo much easier. And the remaining 1400 calories are pretty healthy.

Or if you really can't control your appetite, protein bars work for me. Or you can eat fruit. Protein bars, shakes and fruit is what I used the first weeks to stop my sweet cravings. Now I can stop at one cookie and not eat the whole box.
  • 91lovehandles
    Options
    Thanks for the all the great idea!

I think I'm going to have to get on the Greek yogurt train!
  • kindasortachewy
    kindasortachewy Posts: 1,084 Member
    Options
    Sugar free chocolate bliss pudding yummmmmmmmmmm 60 cals
  • joyjay4fun
    joyjay4fun Posts: 160
    Options
    Strawberries with a little splenda if you need more sweet flavor,
    sugar free gum
    yogurt
    smoothies with fresh fruits
    love all the ideas from others too :-)
  • fitlittlefittie
    Options
    Blend up frozen bananas for some soft serve - works like a charm. And you can add a bit of dark choco/cinnamon/whatever you'd like! If you don't like bananas, other fruits would work too. It's like the smoothie idea, but much more filling imo and feels like ice cream which is always nice
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    A dentist with a sense of humour.
  • chelseagirlfl
    chelseagirlfl Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    What are some healthy alternatives to help sooth a sweet tooth?

to be honest changing to fruit is your best bet. But, if you are looking to curb those cravings
    try a whole food mineral supplement that will feed your body the nutrition it is needing that is
    causing your cravings. I use Life's Fortune..It is a multi-vitamin too. and it was great in helping me
    with my need for sweets.

Good Luck
  • nadra71
    nadra71 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I freeze grapes, strawberries, and mangoes, and make a smoothie with water spinach, and celery. Tastes great, and satisfies your sweet tooth.
  • KWKY
    KWKY Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    stevia + cocoa nibs + cottage cheese or greek yoghurt
  • bnorris2013
    bnorris2013 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    South Beach Diet Bars - Whipped Peanut Butter is soooooo good and only 100 calories and great for after a workout because it has 6 grams of protein in it
  • Achrya
    Achrya Posts: 16,913 Member
    Options
    Strawberry Greek yogurt+ a square or two if Hershey 's special dark. Chop up/ shave chocolate into yogurt, stir, and enjoy.