+++++The halfers club... 2+++++

Options
Hey so we reached 500 in the previous thread so needed a new one....woohoo...for newbies ill copy and paste my original post for why i started the thread in the first place....

Its a different Journey in some ways i think for those of us whom have ALOT of weight to lose, from those who perhaps have 20 or 30 pounds to lose.

We know what it feels like to be told by our doctors how unhealthy we are, and have medical complications to do with our weight.
We know what it feels like to have significant long term issues with food, whether it be yoyo dieting, binging, emotional eating, abusing diet pills, fads,...and the list goes on
We know what it feels like to know we are the fattest person in the room.
We know what it feels like and how devastating it is to realise at some point we could no longer fit into clothes from regular stores, and had to start shopping at plus size stores.
We know what it feels like to have to squish into movie theatre and airplane seats which are made for more 'averaged' sized people.
We know what it feels like to think about our goal weight and for it to seem so very far away.

Well I want YOU to journey with me. I am here for the LONG haul with half of my body weight to lose to be at the mid to lower end of the 'normal' BMI range for my height. I am here for the good days and the bad days. If you have half your weight to lose, and would like to chat with others in the same predicament please could you join me in our quest for not only success in looking better and feeling better, but in minimising health risks and having longer happier lives.
Give us your stats, and feel free to share your successes and failings here, ask questions, give tips and really just help us all to encourage each other in our quest for slimming...

I am 160cm and 125kg (5.3, 276pounds) am 26 years old. My goal weight is around 63kg (137pounds)
and I know that it is going to take me years to get there. but it took years to get to the weight I am now from when i used to be my goal weight previously.

I am not on a particular plan, just a lifestyle change, just counting calories with goals set for me from MFP and excercising and utilising this amazing website to assist me with everything.

look forward to having some laughs along the way with you all.
Pink

so everyone is welcome!!!

Replies