Hello Everyone! Please Help me. I'm overweight

Options
I have been pushing it away for too long know. I have tried in the past several diets and even Herbal Life. This must not and cannot continue. My overweight condition is pulling me down hurting my quality of life. I hope that with your help and my family’s I will accomplish my goal of losing 60 pounds.

Replies

• davidjl3
    davidjl3 Posts: 30
    Options
    Hi welcome to MFP its a great site. It help me realize how many calories I consume a day, helps me made healthier food choices. Its hard but not impossible.. You can do it keep a positive attitude.. Feel free to add me .. good luck..
  • raulbacap
    raulbacap Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Thank you!!! This is my third day and I’m trying to take on hour at a time like someone suggested.
  • prettigirl01
    prettigirl01 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    i have tried herbalife as well and it works if you still to eating healthy and excercising daily but it gets expensive. i am overweight myself and looking for people on here to help and motivate me as i will them. i want to lose about 15 pounds. its hard very hard but i think we all can do it
  • Cynde78
    Cynde78 Posts: 2
    Options
    Stay focused you can do it! No doubt it is hard work! I have insanity and thinking about getting a few girls together to do it :)
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    Congrats on taking the first step :) I lost 60 pounds last year and I have never felt better. This is a great community full of supportive people, and as long as you stick with it, you will succeed!
  • auburnlady78
    auburnlady78 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    HI you can add me I'm on here every day and will help any way I can to help you reach your goal... Hang in there we can do this!! :bigsmile:
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    Welcome! Feel free to add me as a friend. You're in the right place to make a permanent lifestyle change. The logging and support are invaluable. I've been here a month and a half now after losing weight almost down to my goal, when getting sloppy and gaining some of it back. I realized what was happening and joined MFP so I could log my food and exercise to force me to be aware of what I was doing. I do Jillian Michaels Body Revolution and C25K in addition to balanced eating.

You'll find the plan that's right for you here, a real lifestyle change rather than a gimmick. Just commit to logging daily and seeking out support when you need it. You'll lose inches and pounds and gain a new way of living.
  • iconwoden
    iconwoden Posts: 1
    Options
    It mainly comes down to following through, my weight has fluctuated up and down almost 30lbs because of my lack of follow through. Just make sure to log your data, make intelligent food choices and never let yourself get too down.
  • Tastyduckbutter
    Tastyduckbutter Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. This is a pretty good place to be and has helped me lose a 45 pounds so far. I don't think I could have done it without my friends on this site.
  • michellechawner
    Options
    i had a friend push me into herbalife (and all the lies she told me... "we can get you off of your fibromyalgia meds in 2 weeks! Herbalife will fix all your issues!")

Nothing like hard work and eating right to do the trick. There is no quick way... diet and exercise are key. Even a little exercise is better than no exercise!

Feel free to add me, i'm not overweight per say (when I started 3 years ago i was 167, 5'5, then slacked off and didn't really try after i lost a little). Second time around I've lost 8.3 in just 45 days, and have so much more energy!
  • michellechawner
    Options
    i had a friend push me into herbalife (and all the lies she told me... "we can get you off of your fibromyalgia meds in 2 weeks! Herbalife will fix all your issues!")

Nothing like hard work and eating right to do the trick. There is no quick way... diet and exercise are key. Even a little exercise is better than no exercise!

Feel free to add me, i'm not overweight per say (when I started 3 years ago i was 167, 5'5, then slacked off and didn't really try after i lost a little). Second time around I've lost 8.3 in just 45 days, and have so much more energy!

Also, forgot to add, I log everything every day, it helps keep me accountable, even if i'm over calories or too exhausted to do anything. Logging and asking for help are the best things you can do :) You've taken step 1 and asked for help! Congrats :)
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
  • Caperfae
    Caperfae Posts: 433
    Options
    Welcome!!
    Wishing you all the best in your journey.
    Start slow and work up. Nothing will happen overnight.
    Walking is great exercise.
  • Just_Scott
    Just_Scott Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    Add me-another set of eyes and ears to help you reach your goal--send me a friend request let the journey begin.
  • raulbacap
    Options
    Prettigirl, Keep it up! I’m amazed on how much people want to provide support on MFP. To tell you the truth this is the first time a do not feel alone with my struggle. Family can help a lot but they do not really understand what you are going thru because they can’t. Only people with the same frustrations can really be really emphatic since they are basically walking the same road as you. Your comment alone gives me encouragement to continue. Thank You!
  • raulbacap
    Options
    Stay focused you can do it! No doubt it is hard work! I have insanity and thinking about getting a few girls together to do it :)

Redheads, thank you for not just tell me but also show me that it is possible.
  • raulbacap
    Options
    davidjl3, prettigirl01, Cynde78, redhead1910, auburnlady78, sunshinestater, iconwoden, Tastyduckbutter, michellechawner, jlapey, Caperfae, 1zacmatt, thank you all for comments and words of encouragement. Seeing all your accomplishments and determination provides me with confidence and sense of purpose. I’m sure getting much more than I hoped for when signing in!!
  • JenniferPlus2
    JenniferPlus2 Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    Welcome! This is a great place for support. I am on every day as well. We all help each other.
  • mmiller2584
    mmiller2584 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I just wanted to add my little input too. I've only been using this for a few months now, but the reason why it makes a big difference (for me atleast) is because as long as i keep logging my food everyday, it tells you the REAL TRUTH to your daily consumption(good or bad). so the way i see it, is that my diet has turned into just numbers now. kind of gives a different outlook on everything. add me if you like
  • usanader
    usanader Posts: 11
    Options
    Consider this the first day of the rest of your life. You've come to the right place. Slow and steady is the name of the game. You can do this.