Me + Orlistat = Happy and healthier Life (I hope)

emmaldownie
emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
I know alot of you think using weight loss medication is cheating. However, I have finally persuaded my Doctor to prescribe it for me after seeing the effects it had on my mum. We're pretty much identical in build and even our medical conditions match. Now I know everyone is different and what works for one may not work for another but I'm willing to try anything.

I intend to start it at the weekend so I can keep an eye on what things trigger the horrid side effects. Which I'm sure we've all heard can be quite nasty.

Im hoping this is the start of the beginning. I have to lose 7.5kg per every 3 months (I'm not entirely sure how much that is so if any one can help... I'd be grateful)

Im here for support not criticism I guess is what I'm saying, and I'd like to think I have it especially from those with PCOS who really struggle with their weight.

Emma x

Replies

• megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Good luck to you. Everybody has to try what will work for them.
  • Awne
    Awne Posts: 18 Member
    I tried this a couple of years ago.....it can have some pretty undesired side effects at the most inopportune moments is all Im gonna say lol ;)
    xx
  • tacrc1
    tacrc1 Posts: 14
    That is 16.5 lbs
  • chantihayes
    chantihayes Posts: 76
    Hi! I don't think it is 'cheating' at all! I started my weight loss by going to a weight loss clinic and getting prescribed Phentermine. I don't intend to use it long term, just until I meet my goal. While I am on it though, I am learning how to eat healthy & right portion sizes. Some people need that extra kick in the beginning or throughout, and the point is, you're here and losing weight! :)
  • coffeegirl1998
    coffeegirl1998 Posts: 116 Member
    I tried it under a doctor's supervision a few years ago. I (fotunately) did not have bad side effects as long as I ate properly. Using it helped to guide me away from high in fat foods...including omgas. I found it to be a great "teacher". We all can read what is best for your body on the internet and in books, but "learning" takes on a whole new meaning as you race to the bathroom! :laugh:

And no judgements here...you have to find what is right for you!
  • emmaldownie
    emmaldownie Posts: 232 Member
    Thank you all!

I went over my diet with my docs and they seemed to think that the undesired side effects would be minimal providing I switched a few things around.

I have thought about it as a great training method so I'm hoping that it really does work in doing that.
This discussion has been closed.