Morning work outs?

Options
Eve53
Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
Anybody work out in the morning? Lately I've been having a really hard time getting up in the morning, and I've felt sleepy and crappy all day. I thought maybe if I start working out before work I might feel better through out the day. But one of the things I'm worried about is the fact that I work in a factory, and therefor am on my feet 8 hours a day. But we used to do 10 hours a day, so I think that might help. Anybody else do a physical job and workout in the morning? Anyone else workout in the morning at all? Some tips? Advice? Anything. Thanks!

Replies

• Jessicarenelaw
    Jessicarenelaw Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the morning. Once I get over the fact that I'm awake at such an ungodly hour, I start to feel really good about myself. Also, it keeps me in good spirits all day. Even if the rest of the day is complete crap, I still know that I accomplished something for myself. My favorite part about early morning work outs is getting to the gym when no one else is there. It makes me feel like its my own personal gym, and I can huff and puff, and sweat as much as I want without feeling self conscious about what anybody else is thinking. ^_^
  • megsmom2
    megsmom2 Posts: 2,362 Member
    Options
    I am no morning person....but I like working out early. I feel more energized through the rest of my day and eager to carry on the good things I did for myself.
  • Macstraw
    Macstraw Posts: 896 Member
    Options
    Although not a morning person, I have taken to working out early in the morning. I swim, so it's much easier to get a lane at the pool. I find that, since I've been at it for awhile, my energy level stays pretty good throughout the day. What I really like is that I still have the whole day to get stuff done, when I used to go later in the day I never had enough of a block of time to do anything......
  • janessanessa
    janessanessa Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I struggle with it too Eve. I tried it, and did well for a few weeks, then fell of the bandwagon. It is hard to motivate myself when I get home from work too.....bad either way, AM or PM. ;)
  • Eve53
    Eve53 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    The other thing I worry about is, I don't work out every day. So will I be screwing myself on the days I don't work out? And thus wake up later? Do you guys work out every day?
  • MaintainCats
    MaintainCats Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I do workouts in the PM but I think I am in the minority.

I don't wake up well enough/deal with life well enough in the mornings to push hard enough for my HIIT workouts. If I end up running though I might have to switch to AM soon as it is cooler in the mornings.
  • jorge_007
    jorge_007 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    I love working out in the morning. I practically jump out of bed ready to go running. I've tried running in the evenings, but it's not the same for me.
  • KymmyJoy
    KymmyJoy Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Isn't it scary how much we en up panicking about what we do. Like nothing is ever good enough! We're all making positive steps towards being what we want and it makes us worry. I don't wear clothes now that I used to wear without thinking when. Was 5kg heavier!
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    Options
    I prefer to work out at night as I'm a night owl, but I do the majority of my workouts in the morning. Otherwise it's too easy to get busy and run out of time for exercise. On rest days, I just have some nice quiet time.
  • PinkNinjaLaura
    PinkNinjaLaura Posts: 3,202 Member
    Options
    I meet with my trainer in the evening, and I have an exercise class after work one day a week, but last year when I did the C25K program I did get out and run in the morning before work. One thing I discovered is that when i work out in the morning, I am hungrier the rest of the day than the mornings I didn't exercise. Does this happen to anybody else? And how do you get around that?
  • uncleBurtie
    Options
    If you have a bike, go for a bike ride in the morning. Its a softer way to start your day than running.
  • greenmonstergirl
    greenmonstergirl Posts: 619 Member
    Options
    I (try) to work out 30 minutes in the morning, 45 minutes at lunch (the gym is close) and 30 minutes when I get home (or go to the gym again before I go home). If I miss the morning, at least I have 2 other options or if I do morning and lunch, I don't feel bad if I miss the 3rd time. On my great days, I'm 3 times a day though! I am a morning person (however since I started working out so much, I find it hard to wake up at 5 am to get that work out in, I just want to sleep and seem to need more sleep than before I started working out.)
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,449 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:30am to get ready for my shift work at a hospital - 8 hrs walking and standing. No way can I exercise at this time - I'm barely functional as it is.

I'm finding that working out in the eves is best for me. I can take time to change, psych myself up, and sometimes even soak my feet and legs after my shift due to pain in ankles and legs. Granted, I really do not like exercising and would rather be couch potato queen, but I know I MUST exercise for my health and wt loss. I'm learning to tell my family to wait 30 minutes, I have to do this exercise DVD or whatever! And they are learning that I'm serious about it.

Good luck!
  • Shan790
    Shan790 Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I have an odd daily schedule. Work mornings coach football in the evenings with my husband for my sons team. I always workout at 1 or 2 pm and by how empty my gym is at that time I can say I am in the minority.