I eat till I'm full but can't meet my calorie intake minimum

Options
so I'm new here and don't really know what I'm doing so advice is greatly appreciated, thank you. Anyways,I don't normally get very hungry so it doesn't take much to fill me up. I eat whenever I feel even the slightest bit hungry and eat till I'm satisfied which normally gets me to around my goal intake but my collage is kinda far away and I bike about 40 ish mins everyday which lowers my calorie intake, I don't feel bad but I want to be able to consume the calories I 'm supposed too without feeling stuffed or bloated all the time. Just satisfied. What kind of food will leave me satisfied but help me raise my calorie intake? Thank you.:smile:

Replies

• gmallan
    gmallan Posts: 2,099 Member
    Options
    Use healthy oils (olive, coconut etc) for cooking, nuts, seeds, avocado, dark chocolate, dried fruit, peanut butter - all calories dense and packed full of good fats to help you feel full
  • werneket
    werneket Posts: 20
    Options
    Meat. Add a scoop of Ice cream to protein shakes. Olive oil or healthy oils... your body needs them to function.eat full fat yogert. cottage cheese ect.
  • shutupandlift13
    shutupandlift13 Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    Like others have suggested, oils, avocados, nuts/trail mix and nut butters, protein supplements.
  • Cp731
    Cp731 Posts: 3,195 Member
    Options
    Start working out and you'll have no issues.
  • VeinsAndBones
    VeinsAndBones Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    Eat ice cream... pop tarts, yes together is fine!
  • shutupandlift13
    Options

Uh what?
  • Cp731
    Options

Uh what?

Just what I said, besides the biking..
  • Lift_This_
    Lift_This_ Posts: 2,756 Member
    Options

Uh what?

:huh: :huh:
  • shutupandlift13
    Options

Uh what?

Just what I said, besides the biking..

If she starts working out more she'll create a bigger caloric deficit.

You are implying that for all people exercise induces hunger which isn't always true. I used to have issues with exercising in the evenings due to my work schedule and gym hours, then having suppressed appetite for up to 3 hours after working out and having low calorie intakes. For me it was an appetite suppressant, especially long durations on a treadmill, elliptical or bike.
  • postrockandcats
    postrockandcats Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    How under your goal are we talking about here? Like more than a few hundred under? Are you eating like 2000 calories a day or 500? If you're closer to the larger number and really aren't hungry, then I wouldn't stress so much. If you'r'e really low to begin with, there would probably be some other issues here and I'd talk to your doctor.

If you're eating well, feel good, losing/ gaining how you want and are healthy, then I don't see where you have too much of a problem :)
  • newdaydawning79
    newdaydawning79 Posts: 1,503 Member
    Options
    You only have 15 to lose so your deficit shouldn't be that much to begin with...half a pound to a pound a week max is should be what you're set at. So it depends like someone else said as to HOW under you are. We cannot see your diary so it's hard to really give advice. <3 Good luck!
  • Cp731
    Options
    How under your goal are we talking about here? Like more than a few hundred under? Are you eating like 2000 calories a day or 500? If you're closer to the larger number and really aren't hungry, then I wouldn't stress so much. If you'r'e really low to begin with, there would probably be some other issues here and I'd talk to your doctor.

If you're eating well, feel good, losing/ gaining how you want and are healthy, then I don't see where you have too much of a problem :)

This was a very good question. Id like to know as well.
  • Kasasagi
    Kasasagi Posts: 5
    Options
    Sorry I probably should have mentioned that :blushing: ,without exercise I am at about 1000-1300 calories but with exercise it's about 600-800. I am set at 1200 calories a day because aside from the biking I mostly sit around all day, Thank you for you time. :smile:
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options
    Disgusted-Lucille-Eyeroll-Animated-gif-arrested-development-9465744-256-141.gif
    blind_leading_blind_pc_md_wm.jpg
  • herblackwings39
    herblackwings39 Posts: 3,930 Member
    Options
    Sorry I probably should have mentioned that :blushing: ,without exercise I am at about 1000-1300 calories but with exercise it's about 600-800. I am set at 1200 calories a day because aside from the biking I mostly sit around all day, Thank you for you time. :smile:

If you used MFP to set your goals you need to be eating back your exercise calories. You're already at a deficit to lose. Try adding things like nuts, hemp hearts, chia seed, nut butters, pumpkin seeds, avocado. Use full fat dairy (if you eat dairy). Don't automatically go to low fat/non-fat items.
  • postrockandcats
    Options

Understandable, but 40 min of biking a day is not an inactive lifestyle! Especially real world biking with hills and wind resistance and such things. If you're worried about eating too little, the advice offered above is good stuff! Caloric foods don't always come in the forms of big things; a peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole wheat bread can get you 400 calories, easy without being Thanksgiving dinner large.

Also, adding a little here and a little there with healthy snacks wouldn't be too difficult. A handful of almonds or a banana is cheap, easy and portable.
  • chatnel
    chatnel Posts: 688 Member
    Options
    Jus curious, how are you overweight to start with then?

most of us are here because we eat too much
  • MyChocolateDiet
    MyChocolateDiet Posts: 22,281 Member
    Options

I have actually known a couple of women who eat too infrequently and are overweight. Unsure if it's the reason why, but I just know that it's the case for them. So I don't know how that happens, but it does happen.
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes can take care of this very easily. Most of them taste great now too so there's plenty of options out there.
  • postrockandcats
    Options

Her ticker on her page says 15 pounds.