please cheer me up!

Options
I am devastated. Tonight at basketball training we were playing five on five and in a tussle for the ball my finger dislocated, breaking a piece of bone off the volar plate in the meantime. I now have to see a surgeon to make sure that everything will heal properly and to get a special splint fitted while they see if they need to operate. I am SO lucky to have a doctor friend in the bball league who got me in and out of the emergency room in n hour, x rays included!

Anyway, this means no sport for me for SIX weeks. And this Monday my netball team has our Grand Final, which I have been SO excited for- we really didn't think we'd make it so far! And I've invited just about everyone I know to come watch. I just don't think I can sit on the sidelines. :sad:

I don't know if this seems silly to you guys, but I am honestly just crushed. I feel so helpless and frustrated and mad!

Anyway, I am done my whinge. Just had to let it all out!

Replies

• barefootbabe
    barefootbabe Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    I am devastated. Tonight at basketball training we were playing five on five and in a tussle for the ball my finger dislocated, breaking a piece of bone off the volar plate in the meantime. I now have to see a surgeon to make sure that everything will heal properly and to get a special splint fitted while they see if they need to operate. I am SO lucky to have a doctor friend in the bball league who got me in and out of the emergency room in n hour, x rays included!

Anyway, this means no sport for me for SIX weeks. And this Monday my netball team has our Grand Final, which I have been SO excited for- we really didn't think we'd make it so far! And I've invited just about everyone I know to come watch. I just don't think I can sit on the sidelines. :sad:

I don't know if this seems silly to you guys, but I am honestly just crushed. I feel so helpless and frustrated and mad!

Anyway, I am done my whinge. Just had to let it all out!
  • weightlossinprogress
    weightlossinprogress Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm sorry to hear about your injury - your young it heal up quickly and before you know it, you'll be on the basketball court once again!!!

Good luck
    Patricia
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    I'm so, so sorry! I hope you're back at it soon.

I wish I had magic to make six weeks go by quicker, but they will be gone before you know it. :flowerforyou:

This happens to pros all the time. I always see a guy in a really nice suit on the bench and go "who is that guy?" only to realize it's a player with an injury. So, it can be an opportunity to be a mysterious woman. :tongue:

That was like the worst cheering up ever, but it's all I've got.

Being injured sucks. I'm sorry.
  • KatWood
    KatWood Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options
    Try to stay positive. Even though you can't play in the game you can cheer them on. Just remember you helped them to get where they are! And I am sure you will heal fast and will be back at it soon! :)
  • JJAE53
    JJAE53 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    What a Bummer! Wish I could "fix" it quicker for you, but our bodies require time to heal after an injury. Just hang tough, and show your team mates the support they're gonna need. I know that's not easy. Don't know if any ot this helps, but I am wishing you the best, fastest recovery ever.
  • angievan26
    angievan26 Posts: 212
    Options
    as much as that is a bummer. It is good for your time to see you there to support them . So even if you can not physically help You can help by cheering them on.
  • barefootbabe
    Options

This happens to pros all the time. I always see a guy in a really nice suit on the bench and go "who is that guy?" only to realize it's a player with an injury. So, it can be an opportunity to be a mysterious woman. :tongue:

That was like the worst cheering up ever, but it's all I've got.

Ha ha :laugh: viv you make me laugh. Thanks :)

Thanks everyone for your kind words and encouragement. I just hate even thinking of sitting there helplessly, but I suppose I have to suck it up and support however I can.
  • barefootbabe
    Options
    Just wanted to give you a quick update. Saw the surgeon; no surgery necessary which is great! And I spoke with some of my doctor friends and they have given me an option to play in the Net ball Grand Final! They are going to give my finger a nerve block injection so it will be numb for the game, that way I can play and not have to face the pain! I will keep it strapped so it can't dislocate again, hopefully the worst that will happen is a bit of bruising.

Just wanted to let you guys know that I get to play, and am very excited! Hopefully we take home a trophy after all this fuss! :)