1. Regular Mayo
    2. Regular cheese.
    3. Regular milk.
    4. relationships.
    5. Jiff Peanut Butter.
  • c_faulkenburg
    c_faulkenburg Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    Soda is the only thing I have cut out entirely. Everything else I will eat but I rarely eat pasta, or casseroles and such these days.
  • marisac30
    marisac30 Posts: 5
    Options
    You're going to remove positively-charged subatomic particles from your diet?
  • saanaismom
    saanaismom Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    1. "I'll start on Monday"
    2. I deserve this ________(insert name of junk food), I worked hard this week.
    3. My all or nothing attitude.
    4. Eating amazingly clean when I log, eating crappy when I don't.
    5. Not appreciloving where I am in this journey and only focusing on where I need to be.
  • marisac30
    marisac30 Posts: 5
    Options
    - whey protons
    - foie gras
    - soy protons
    - butter
    - casein protons

• jaf320
    jaf320 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    The only thing I've completely cut out it diet soda, and wow - what a difference it has made! I know that everyone has different opinions about it, but for me, cutting it out (even my one can a day + extra sometimes habit) while really making sure to drink enough water has been a huge help. My insane sweets cravings have been tamed a lot and I've just been feeling like my urge to snack is a lot more reasonable, too. Don't get me wrong, I still love chocolate/baked goods/etc, but the level of craving is just not there.

I primarily joined MFP to lose the classic 5 "vanity pounds" and be a lot more mindful of my eating in general (not to mention stop the random junk food binges that seemed to be occurring increasingly). I've been overall very successful with the mindful eating/not overeating portion of this, and I think the diet soda ban has been a big part of this. Not to mention I'm loving NOT feeling bloated from it!
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...I can't come up with five things, but I have cut soda completely out and never add salt to foods. Meh...its something. :ohwell:
  • meraryguard
    Options
    soda
    chips
    french fries
    burgers
    candy

candy and chips is the most difficult one
  • motivatedvee18
    Options
    Great post!! I say all fast food.
  • PrincessEliNa
    PrincessEliNa Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Hmmmm...I can't come up with five things, but I have cut soda completely out and never add salt to foods. Meh...its something. :ohwell:
    This is me too. Well, okay, I haven't cut out soda COMPLETELY. It's...still...something? :blushing:
  • supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    Wow!!! I just realise there are more people who said nothing!!! Thats inspiring too, in that case please share how do you guys still lose weight after eating all u like!

Portion control.

I did initially cut out peanut butter, but after I realized that I could control what went in my mouth I started eating it again. Eating it, not gorging on it.

I know 90% of people who post on MFP swear they never or rarely over ate or whatever, but I'll be honest. I became obese by overeating and sitting/laying about. I had greedy, slothful ways, I can admit that.
  • JudithEssex
    JudithEssex Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    I have two answers:
    1. Nothing - because life has all kinds of challenging days and portion control is, in most ways, the most effective tool. However,
    2, Desserts, alcohol, sodas, beef, chocolate.
  • paintlisapurple
    paintlisapurple Posts: 982 Member
    Options
    This is me too. Well, okay, I haven't cut out soda COMPLETELY. It's...still...something? :blushing:
    Yes its definitely something! I mean the whole reason that I haven't cut out too many things is because I KNOW that I won't be capable of living like that for a lifetime. I do watch what I eat. I try not to eat to much "junk". That I can definitely live with for the rest of my life. :wink:
  • thehka
    thehka Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    - whey protons
    - foie gras
    - soy protons
    - butter
    - casein protons

i thought the same thing as well hahaha

I don't really cut anything out. It's just all in moderation. In n Out is the only fast food I eat and I treat myself to it MAYBE once every 2 months. Though I can say I've cut out soda. The only thing I let myself get that's not water is light lemonade if it's available.
  • tenintwenty
    tenintwenty Posts: 92
    Options
    To cut out binging:
    Chocolate

To improve overall eating habits
    Protein powder and bars

To manage IBS:
    Wheat
    Corn
    Dairy
    Oats
    Beans
    Apples
    Pork
    Mushrooms
    Eggplant
    Cauliflower (etc.)
  • eyesocketz
    eyesocketz Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Stay away from those protons, lol! :tongue:
  • Nerdybreisawesome
    Nerdybreisawesome Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    HFCS
    Trans Fats
    Processed foods
    Foods with 454654564 ingredients
    Soda
  • Brownsbacker4evr
    Brownsbacker4evr Posts: 365 Member
    Options
    Soda and those sugary fruit drinks are the things you have to cut out--not completely, but very very strictly moderate. They are just empty calories with way too much sugar. At least most junk food at least gives you some nutrition down the line, but soda has zero benefits.

I do opt for those "light" versions of things like lemonade and orange juice whenever I do decide to have them though.
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options
    - whey protons
    -
    - soy protons
    -
    - casein protons

You must be very negative
  • run_way
    run_way Posts: 220
    Options