Another Question about calories burned.

Oompa_Loompa
Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
I bought a calorie tracker that you wear as a watch and i though that it was super fantastic...EXCEPT that it only tracks when the arm your wearing it on is moving. So i would do the arc trainer for 35 minutes then look at my tracker...and it would only have counted 25 minutes or something like that. But i did the math and it looked like i was burning 80 calories every 10 minutes. FIRST QUESTION: Does that seem accurate or is that to high?

I dont wear the damn thing anymore but that's just what I log in now so in 35 minutes i say i burn 280 calories. But ive been entering into the machine my weight and everything and the machine says that in 35 minutes i burn over 400 calories. SECOND QUESTION: Does that seem accurate lol.
Im just wondering if i am burning more that 280 calories in 35 minutes and if i should actually be eating more. I know that the ultimate way to really be accurate is to get a hrm but i cant afford that right now. The machines also have a spot on them to put your hands on and suposedly it figures out your heart rate and when i do that its between 130-and 160. usually right around 145-150.

I just dont knowww.

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Depending on how hard you're weorking, 35 minutes burning over 400 calories is believable. I try to burn 10-11 calories per minute on the elliptical so can fairly easily burn 300 calories in 30 minutes. I'm not sure what an arc trainer is, but I think it's possible the machine's reading is correct.
  • Oompa_Loompa
    Oompa_Loompa Posts: 1,099 Member
    I work hard. I deffinantly can not hold a conversation while doing it. I have sweat dripping lol. Im just afraid to say im logging 300 cals then eat more calories then i should be
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    I do the eliptical until I hit 1000 cal burned, with the HRM on the machine, and after I put in my info (age, weight, etc). It takes me between 80 -120 min to reach that, depending on how fast or slow I'm going. So if you are sweating like that and are out fo breath, I would guess you are closer to the 400 cal burned! If you're not sure, just use the average between the two numbers!
This discussion has been closed.