Impact Diet Whey - meal replacement

Options
hi, im thinking about swapping my meal in the morning to a protein shake, everyone ive spoke to has said its a good idea but im scared it will make me gain weight? ive researched online and everyone has a completely different opinion! thoughts please guys? i was going to buy this one http://www.myprotein.com/sports-nutrition/impact-diet-whey/10530657.html thanksss xx

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    Protein shakes are not meal replacement shakes, they're not complete nutrition, but for breakfast, I guess it'd be ok. A protein shake will not make you gain weight if you're eating at a deficit. If you go over your calories because of the shake, yes, you may gain weight. But a protein shake in and of itself is not some magic weight gainer.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    You may as well eat a weight gainer/ higher quality protein shakes....
    I say this because these diet versions are pretty much just normal whey protein with less ingredients to it - essential aminos etc. whereas a normal shake is usually low in calories and has all the needed amino building blocks - if you are considering to replace a meal, you may as well go with a mass gainer because it has all 3 of the main macros: carbs, fats and protein in one - just watch how much you take... Say 500 kcal serving should be optimum as a replacement