Another NSV to share! :D

Options
Yesterday is was a beautiful day so me, my mom, and my nephew went to the park :) While there my 3 yr old nephew thought it would be fun to race up and down the stairs, about 10 times each way! LOL. When I came to the bottom at one point, I seen 3 people there one of which I recognized as an old friend/ ex co-worker (known her for 10 years). She was about 4 feet from me and didn't recognize me! lol. When I started talking to her she said "wow you're looking so good!!!" Then she started talking to me about how she is getting back into running, we would never have talked about anything physical before! :) Was a good day!

So anyone else have any NSV's to share? :)

Replies

• Erikalynne18
    Erikalynne18 Posts: 555 Member
    Options
    bump? someone's got to have some NSV's to share! :D
  • TeachTheGirl
    TeachTheGirl Posts: 2,091 Member
    Options
    Way to be a motivational force! =)
  • beckieboomoo
    beckieboomoo Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yesterday my younger step sister who i havent seen for awhile said ive lost weight! :) and sounds awesome :)
  • hannakengu
    hannakengu Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    Ok, here's one: last week I started the cycling season and cycled to work, about 2.6 miles. A co-worker (who knows approximately where I live) happened to be outside when I got there, and asked how long it took - and then was real surprised I could get there that fast. Also, he's the unofficial powerhouse of the workplace, and I regulary have to ask him to come lift a box/do this or that physical thing....
  • howekaren
    howekaren Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I AM NOT A RUNNER! I don't like running, and have tried many times to do C25K and failed. I regularly do cross-fit type training with a group trainer, and now that the nice weather is here, we're incorporating more outdoor work into our sessions. Saturday's session was a 2+ hour blitz involving exercise stations alternating with a run. Example: Station 1 - 30 burpees, 30 push-up, 30 jumping jacks, 30 dive bomber pushups, run the loop. Station 2: 30 bicycle crunches, 30 ab rollers, 30 cork screws, 30 heel touches, run the loop, and so on. Throw in a hill set in the midst of one loops for good measure. There were 6 stations, and I only managed 5 before I ran out of time, and did 5 loops of the park. When I measured out the loop later in the day, I realized I had run 5km that day! I was astonished! Now I've revised my thoughts on the C25K plan, and am going to attack it again today. I know I can do it now.
  • katinachaos
    katinachaos Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    A male friend of mine commented that my boobs were getting smaller. He said he noticed that I had been losing weight, but since he pays the most attention to my boobs, that's where he noticed it first, lol. He went on to say he noticed my face getting slimmer, I suppose he only looks at that one in a while, lol.
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Spent about 6 hours outside in the yard yesterday installing a do it yourself fence, mowed the lawn, weed wacked, cleaned the garage, etc etc . Only stopped twice for a quick rest. Had a good hurt going on last night, but would never have been able to get that much done 2 years ago:happy:
  • GAB219
    GAB219 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I was talking to a neighbor yesterday and asked me if I've lost weight. Considering I've only lost about 5 lbs, really made my day and motivated me to push harder.
  • xiamjackie
    xiamjackie Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Got a time of 26:20 on my first 5k this past weekend :) Huge NSV for me!
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    A male friend of mine commented that my boobs were getting smaller. He said he noticed that I had been losing weight, but since he pays the most attention to my boobs, that's where he noticed it first, lol. He went on to say he noticed my face getting slimmer, I suppose he only looks at that one in a while, lol.

I got this from a co-worker actually as well! haha. He was cautious and said "so, do you notice your chest getting smaller like some girls mention when they lose weight....". yeah like you didn't notice! haha :P But I said YES with a smile since I have a little less backpain now :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    I was talking to a neighbor yesterday and asked me if I've lost weight. Considering I've only lost about 5 lbs, really made my day and motivated me to push harder.

That's great!! :D Do you measure inches? Perhaps you've dropped a few inches as well :)
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    Got a time of 26:20 on my first 5k this past weekend :) Huge NSV for me!

I envy you! I am horrible at running and the asthma doesn't help :/ However with everything I have done so far, I am partially tempted to try the C25K thing everyone is talking about....
  • Erikalynne18
    Options
    AND todays NSV..... Just bought a size S shirt and size 5 capris!!! Last summer I wore a size XL and size 11 jeans!! So freaking proud!! :D Don't give up guys cause this thing WORKS!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Options
    Yay! Awesome NSV!
  • Lchittakhone
    Lchittakhone Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    A few weeks ago I was so happy to finally fit into a pair of pants that haven't fit for years, I am wearing them right now and they are falling off!
  • Steffani911
    Steffani911 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sometimes NSV's can be the best! So happy to hear these.

I had several over the weekend. First off I have to say that I was getting a little frustrated with the lack of movement on the scale, but comments made over the weekend helped.

First, I saw a friend that I haven't seen since last October and she said "wow, what have you lost ...... say 50 pounds?!" I've lost 30.

Ran into another friend I haven't seen in about the same time frame. "Look at you! Turn .... turn..... turn." Then touches my lack of a blubber belly and says "damn you look great."

My 16 year old daughter who I am always asking if she sees a difference was talking to me and then stops and says "Mom What the heck? You look skinny."

Then, I was picking out something to wear since it was our first hot day of the year and nothing fit. My bras are too big, pants, shirts, nothing fit.

Lastly, we went to an amusement park, and I felt comfortable going on all the rides. The seatbelts and pull down bars fit me just like anyone else.

Great weekend full of NSV's!
  • Pamko57
    Pamko57 Posts: 182
    Options
    When Montgomery Ward went out of business I bought a pair of jeans that were just a little too small. I just needed to lose about 10 pounds to get into them. Well, I GAINED about 50 pounds instead of losing the ten.

Got 'em out last night, and they fit. But they so long waisted that they come almost to arm pits. lol.

How's that for an NSV?