Empty Wardrobe! What are your Clothing related goals?

Options
bonjovi27
bonjovi27 Posts: 144 Member
I have just cleared 2 and a half sacks of old clothes out! I'm still undecided on one pair of awesome pants that are too big but I dont have the heart to get rid of them! It it a bitter/sweet NSV :laugh: coz now I dont really have that much choice in what to wear to college on a day to day basis! :grumble: Oh well... Time to go shopping I guess! :bigsmile:

I was wondering though, what are some other peoples aims clothing wise? I want to buy dresses to fill my wardrobe now :)

Replies

• WhiteGirlWasted13
    WhiteGirlWasted13 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I am holding off on getting rid of anything because I want to have a clothing swap. But, I can also do a bit of sewing, so my good pants, I have taken in myself. My biggest clothing goal, however, is to never, ever have to set foot in the plus size section of a clothing store ever, ever again. I guess I'm pretty firm on that one, huh? :)
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    Just to fit into my old clothes (not that old really). Size 8-10.
  • plzlbsbegone
    plzlbsbegone Posts: 233
    Options
    My biggest goal is to be able to wear a single digit size. I have been in the double digits since college, and I want to get down to a 7/8! But right now, I would be satisfied to pull something out of my closet and feel like I look halfway decent in it. Most mornings I change 2-3 times before settling on something mediocre. :grumble:
  • Hi_Im_Jess
    Hi_Im_Jess Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    My clothing goal is to feel comfortable in my school uniform when I start in September since thats what i'll be living in lol :smile:
  • Onesnap
    Onesnap Posts: 2,819 Member
    Options
    My biggest goal is to be able to wear a single digit size. I have been in the double digits since college, and I want to get down to a 7/8! But right now, I would be satisfied to pull something out of my closet and feel like I look halfway decent in it. Most mornings I change 2-3 times before settling on something mediocre. :grumble:

Bear in mind a 7 is not the same as an 8. A 7 is cut for a teen and 20-something. An 8 is cut for someone that is late 20s, 30s+. There's a huge difference between a 7 and an 8. I don't just mean around the waist. The hips, legs etc are all cut differently in the factory.
  • Nutella91
    Nutella91 Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    gosh i also just organized my clothes. i have SO MANY. (the perks of studying in China... you can buy clothes very cheap here) but kinda makes me feel bad about buying some more
    gave 5 pairs of fat jeans to my French friend, there are some shirred top dresses that i can't wear because they literally fall off. there are also some clothes size 00, from November/December when i was quite skinny... can't wear those anymore either.
  • irishblonde2011
    irishblonde2011 Posts: 618 Member
    Options
    I just donated loads of clothes a while ago. The good thing is I had clothes I hadn't even worn when I was smaller so they will bridge the gap until I lose the last 20 pounds then I plan to shop big time.
  • bipsqueen
    bipsqueen Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    When I lost weight I got rid of it all! I also shop thrift stores for nice things. The biggest difference in my clothing now is that I don't wear the flowy longer tops. My clothes are more fitted.
  • Jinkeys
    Jinkeys Posts: 26
    Options
    I am saving all of my clothes, as I get smaller, to donate all at once when I leave 'plus' sizes. It will be a symbol of my freedom from the dreaded PLUS section, I will NEVER shop in the plus section again!!

Every other time I've lost weight, I saved them, without even realizing that I was preparing for failure, by doing so. Then again, every other time I was on a 'DIET', now I am all done with diets, I am taking control away from food, and living in a blissfully sane and healthy way.

I will be burning every last piece of pinchy, foundational, beige-stretch, undergarment in my wardrobe though! Get a little of my own back, after all of my pain and suffering on their behalf ;-)
  • Quest529
    Quest529 Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I'd like to be able to look at an outfit (magazine, pinterest, on a friend) and feel like I could wear it and not look ridiculous.

I am now able to fit in an older pair of jeans! Down one size! I also have a dress from highschool that I'd love to be able to wear to work. It's labled size 4, but I think it was one of those "vanity" lables. I'd say it's closer to size 6. I was able to zip it the other night though (with a little help from the hubby).
  • Kacey11312
    Kacey11312 Posts: 55
    Options
    My biggest clothing related goal is to not have to wear Spanx ever again!! :laugh: I love those things but it'd be nice to be "free" for once.

My most recent NSV would be going through my closet and getting rid of those "fat shirts" that I had been hanging onto. I gave them to my MIL and they're too small. Oops. :ohwell:
  • redlotus488
    redlotus488 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have been giving clothes to my mother, or donating them . I also love to up-cycle clothing, and turn them into something new. I turned an old beloved t-shirt into a tunic dress. I am also planning on making an old sweater into a scarf for the winter, as well as some other projects. And of course I have to go new clothes shopping! :happy:
  • Tiff050709
    Tiff050709 Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of clothing goals. I use to like fashion a lot but when I started gaining weight, I ended up hiding behind my clothes. I wear a lot of dark colors and lots of black. I will still wear black cause it's chic, lol, but I would like to add color. I also want riding boots. My calves have been too big to wear boots like that. I also want to wear skinny jeans and flats. I think it's such a cute look. And I would like to wear skirts and dresses.
  • plzlbsbegone
    plzlbsbegone Posts: 233
    Options

Bear in mind a 7 is not the same as an 8. A 7 is cut for a teen and 20-something. An 8 is cut for someone that is late 20s, 30s+. There's a huge difference between a 7 and an 8. I don't just mean around the waist. The hips, legs etc are all cut differently in the factory.

I am a 20 something :) Where I like to buy my jeans, they typically come in 5/6, 7/8, 9/10 ect, or waist sizes.
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    My clothing goals:

1. Being able to fit into designer denim like True Religion, 7FAM, J Brand, etc.
    2. Being able to fit into trendy designer clothing period
    3. Buying a pinup worthy one piece bathing suit
    4. Trying retro inspired/older vintage clothing
  • dunnodunno
    dunnodunno Posts: 2,290 Member
    Options
    I have been giving clothes to my mother, or donating them . I also love to up-cycle clothing, and turn them into something new. I turned an old beloved t-shirt into a tunic dress. I am also planning on making an old sweater into a scarf for the winter, as well as some other projects. And of course I have to go new clothes shopping! :happy:

I wish I knew how to sew or even use a sewing machine. I have a lot of shirts that are too big to wear that would look so cute as a a dress paired with leggings.
  • jscvet12
    jscvet12 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I dug out some of my old but lovely clothes (Diesel dress, G-star raw dress amongst many)- chose my favourites and have laid them on the bed in the spare room with a little label on them saying 'in x amount of weight, you'll be able to wear me!. I've called it my
    slim/thinspiration bed and keep going and looking at them to motivate me!!
  • daisydaisy99
    daisydaisy99 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I am looking forward to being able to fit into my "fancy" work clothes again. 6 years ago I started working for an IT company and all I have worn for the past 5 years are jeans and hoodies - now that I have a "real" job again, I was sad to discover that all of my (expensive) business-y type clothes no longer fit - I have been putting off buying new stuff in hopes that I can lose the weight and fit into my old suits - they are too nice to toss! ;-)

It's funny but when I was going through my closet I realized that I have so many idfferent sizes all in there together which probably isn't a good thing - when my waistband starts to get tight instead of taking that as a signal to lose a couple of pounds I just go up to the bigger size in my closet!
  • worldsbestauntie
    worldsbestauntie Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    My main cloathing goal is to get rid of my little tummy tuck-in-shorts (that's don't fully work anyways, but help somewhat) that I currently wear with my dresses and most of my pencil skirts. My second clothing goal is to fit into a pair of denim shorts that were to tight last summer. There are other things that were getting tight in the waist/stomach area. If they can get loose will be great! It will be easier to take things in! Though any clothing shopping I will do when I reach my goal, will need to be a Value Village as I can't afford new!
  • hmarch77
    hmarch77 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    OH man my closet is practically bare. I did manage to get rid of all my bigger clothes to friends that were at the higher sizes instead of just continuing to donate to Goodwill. Now I am in a size 12-14 (started at a sz 26-28) but need to do some serious shopping. I still have the mindset of the big girl and keep thinking I am limited to where I can shop. Luckily I have a teenage daughter who is big into fashion and pushes me into stores I would have NEVER stepped foot in because I knew I was not able to fit their clothes and did not want the stares, glares, or weird looks. For example, we went to our local mall a few weeks ago and were walking around and passed New York & Co. I said to my daughter, "I have always wanted to go in there, but can't fit their clothes." My daughter said, "Mom, really? Are you kidding? Come on let's go!" I told her again I can't fit those clothes. She got in front of me, stood there, and said..."Mom you seriously need to look in the mirror or need help as it is obvious you don't see what I see.." She then said we are going in the store (Teens I swear). We went in and I bought 2 shirts in a large and felt great! We were then going into all these stores I have never gone in before and I thought I was the Sh**!! It feels so good when you reach a size that is in the "normal" stores and you feel like everyone else in there. You are not viewed as an outsider or different. I still have a tendancy to try on a little baggier clothing as I am not use to the clothes clinging to my body either, but I am working on this along with my self esteem and working on coming out of my shell. I am getting better with this as time passes.
    I am going to New Orleans this weekend and hope to do some shopping there as my mom is a huge shopaholic!!! This will be fun my mom and daughter at the same time with me shopping? Oh boy. Glad they love shopping more than I do.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!