Today is my 365th day on MFP! With Pics (I hope)

Options
2moonNback
2moonNback Posts: 61 Member
I have been trying to figure out how to write my story, so I guess it is best to begin is at the beginning. I have not always been overweight it is just something that has slowly snowballed overtime. I lost weight for a while and then it came back on again and then some! SO in May of 2011 I was at my doctor’s office and when I got on the scale I was SHOCKED! I had topped the scale at my highest weight EVER! I was 251 pounds, I couldn’t believe it! I needed to do something but I didn’t know what. I started making little changes, like I cut out pop, tried to cut back on fast food and sweets and over the next year I lost 28 pounds.

On the day before Easter my life was changed forever with a knock on my door. A Sherriff’s Deputy was on my front step needing to talk to my husband. He was there to tell us my father-in-law was found dead in his apartment that morning by a couple of people he worked with. We were devastated! He was 55 years old and died of a heart attack in his sleep. He was diabetic and had high blood pressure and didn’t take care of himself like he should have.

069c1141-f931-43b6-bec9-1df68ec42a7a_zps56079f6c.jpg
This is my father in law and my daughter. I'm the one in the blue and red shorts praying I don't get in the picture

I knew that my husband and I needed to make a change for ourselves and for our children and I knew that change had to start with me! My hope was if I started to make changes in me he would follow suit and so far it’s working!
To make a long story short I was talking with a girlfriend at a party on night and she suggested myfitnesspal to me. I checked it out the following Monday when I got to work and thought ok I can do this. I started logging what I had for breakfast and I about fainted in the number of calories I had consumed already. So I downloaded the app onto my phone so I had no excuse not to log everything I eat.

Then I realized I need to start exercising. So I started Couch to 5K and I would run when I got off work at night and the longer the runs were the more I realized that wasn’t going to work. I was too tired after work! So I started getting up at 5:15 in the morning to do my work out and I started seeing more and more results. I was afraid I would find an excuse to quit so I signed up for my first 5K so failure would not be an option. I ran the first 5K and I have run 4 others since and I am registered for a mud run, Color Run, and a half marathon!

424346_3637481571847_615379368_n_zps3d287e23.jpgimg]

Then one day I realized in order to do the Mud Run I was going to have to start lifting because I have NO upper body strength. So, after many failed attempts to walk into the weight room at the gym I finally wouldn’t let me chicken out. Lifting has always been intimidating to me. So my husband showed me some things to start with. After I got comfortable with that I started making myself try something new every week to add to my routine. It isn’t so intimidating any more.
My husband and kids are an amazing support system and I would not be where I am today without them! The kids get up at 5:15 one morning a week so I can go to the gym and run on the indoor track and my husband picks them up when he gets off of work. The other days I run he gets out of bed and gets the kids ready for school so I can get to the gym. I have the best husband EVER!

I know this has been really wordy but this is my story and I hope I have inspired at least one person to stick with it like the success stories I have read when I need a pick me up have inspired me! Have a blessed day!

809a6115-6c55-4e3d-89ce-57be7562735b_zpsb58e9e2d.jpg

securedownload_zps50a72378.jpg

null_zps5154f2f7.jpg
This is me this morning.

Here are my stats I'm 35, 5'7"
Starting weight 251
Current weight 155
Goal weight 135

Starting pants size 22
Current pants size 5

Starting shirt size 2XL
Current shirt size med or large

Replies

• 65svtfastback
    65svtfastback Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    You look amazing!!! Great job!! I got my kick it the pants was watching my father battle from similar health issues. Stories like yours help me keep going. I have two 5ks I need to get training for as soon a foot injury clears up. Until then I am doing lots of bicycling. MFP rocks!!
  • patsycortez67
    Options
    Congratulations, you look amazing! Thank you for being such an inspiration.
  • ryansgram
    ryansgram Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    Great job! You look amazing. Go Steelers!
  • deprek
    deprek Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss.....your story definitely inspires...
  • Happymom83
    Happymom83 Posts: 405 Member
    Options
    awesome job girly:)
  • Jackie_XOXOXO
    Jackie_XOXOXO Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!! Very inspiring!!! Im currently at 241 and look forward to the day the scale is under the 200 mark!!
  • amv1262
    amv1262 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for sharing your story. It has motivated me not to give in and to take one day at a time. Your story inspires me to be able to someday proclaim the same success journey you have shared with us today. Congrats and be proud, you so deserve it!!
  • ambootcamp
    ambootcamp Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    You are simply AMAZING!!! You look absolutely beautiful and sooo much younger! Congratulations!!!
  • Pinkgal42
    Pinkgal42 Posts: 10
    Options
    You are such an inspiration! Wow what a story! I would like to add you as a friend! Way to go!
  • GypsysBloodRose26
    GypsysBloodRose26 Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    That is fantastic! Way to go!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    what a superhero you must be to your little girl! Way to set an awesome example and be an inspiration!
  • michelejlm
    michelejlm Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    wow congratulations I am proud of you!
  • kikih64
    kikih64 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Support is such a big part of it. Congrats!
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    awesome work! You totally earned this!
  • MSam1205
    MSam1205 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Wowzer thats an amazing transformation. Truly! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • _chiaroscuro
    _chiaroscuro Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    Wow you look fantastic! Really incredible transformation! I'm not sure I'd recognize your before and after pics as being the same person if you hadn't told us.

I'm very sorry for your loss but your hard work getting healthy is a wonderful way to honor your FIL, not to mention getting to live the life you want. I love that you rallied your support system and everyone did their bit to help you achieve your goals. It's wonderful that your kids see mom working hard, getting strong, and enjoying a healthy, long life. Congratulations and thank you for sharing!
  • jodie3134
    jodie3134 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    What an awesome and inspiring story! Good for you! You should be so proud!
  • LuvtheCubs
    LuvtheCubs Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    So sorry for the loss of you FIL. Very impressed with all that you have achieved. I know he would be proud of the healthy lifestyle you've developed and the great example you are for your family. Congratulations!
  • dpippenger
    dpippenger Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Great story, great success and what an inspiration for all of us.. You should be very proud of yourself. Congratulations!!
  • phy40
    phy40 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Job well done!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!