Any Suggestions?

Options
I really want to lose 9 more pounds by June 2. Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions so I can step it up a notch and do this? Thanks!

Replies

• wendytobin
    wendytobin Posts: 208
    Options
    i dont think this is possible in 10 days to be loosing 9 pounds.

on MFP the average weight loss per week is around 1.5lbs. and you need to have used up 3,500 calories per week to loose just 1lb in weight.

if you do find a way to loose the 9lb then all the best
  • dragonfly__
    dragonfly__ Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    That is not a lot of time and a healthy rate of loss is around 1-2 pounds a week. But try increasing your cardio that is my answer to most everything! :bigsmile:
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    It's absolutely possible with 127 pounds to lose.

I lost about 10 in my first 2 weeks. Eat clean, natural foods. Veggies and lots of them, fruits and exercise. Stick to your goal. Make it a focus. No cheating, none at all.
  • shalma
    shalma Posts: 80
    Options
    Do a cleanse. I just started a nutritional cleanse today and expect to drop 10 lbs by June 4th. And I'm upping my excercise, so maybe more inches lost too!
  • chgudnitz
    chgudnitz Posts: 4,079
    Options
    No cleanses. Lol. At least not chemical ones. Let your diet do the work.
  • dclarsh1
    dclarsh1 Posts: 83
    Options
    It's absolutely possible with 127 pounds to lose.

I lost about 10 in my first 2 weeks. Eat clean, natural foods. Veggies and lots of them, fruits and exercise. Stick to your goal. Make it a focus. No cheating, none at all.

I agree, assuming that you really do have 127 pounds to lose. But my question is, why do you want to lose 9 more pounds specifically by June 2? Is there a special event coming up, or is it an arbitrary target that you've set? If it's a special event, there are ways you can drop weight faster, but be forewarned that the weight loss will most likely not be permanent. If it's a target you've set, then I would say keep doing what you've been doing to lose the 11 pounds you've already shed. Short term targets and goals are a great idea, but it's the long term we're really after, right?
  • xTattooedDollx
    xTattooedDollx Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    I completly agree with chgudnitz!!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I don't think it's healthy to aim for that much in so little time, but you can certainly aim to lose body fat or inches!!! Crank up your cardio (more often or more intense) and do strength training every other day, working your whole body. Drink a TON of water and some with lemon, cut back on fats and carbs and drink diet green tea if you get a craving for soda or a sweet drink.
  • LilMissAngi
    LilMissAngi Posts: 127
    Options
    Do a cleanse. I just started a nutritional cleanse today and expect to drop 10 lbs by June 4th. And I'm upping my excercise, so maybe more inches lost too!

you wouldn't need to do a cleanse if you would stop putting all those toxins in your body in the first place.

You body has a natural way to cleanse itself. Things get stuck because they are not natural.

Eat veggies, fruit and of course meat. Don't eat anything processed! No sodas or anything. water water water!!!