June Starters - May 24

thirtyby40
thirtyby40 Posts: 702 Member
edited September 21 in Health and Weight Loss
Well I didn't see it started so I thought I would get it going....

I know it is a holiday weekend for most of us, so most of use probably went overboard. Lord knows I did and the weekend isn't even over yet, although I have good intentions for today.

I don't think I am going to weigh in this week because the number would not be accurate in the least with all the sodium and garbage I ate the past couple of days. I also came in way under my exercise goal. I think I had it down for 3 hour and I did 2 hours. I better get my butt in gear and get moving or next week I will be recording a gain for sure.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/96791-june-starters-may-17th?page=2

Replies

• busymom74
    busymom74 Posts: 3,341 Member
    I had a great weekend! Although it's not a holiday here- next weekend is memorial day weekend. YAY! I did good on cals and had so much fun! I LOVE summer!
  • shannahrenee
    shannahrenee Posts: 380
    Not a holiday for me this weekend, but I ate like it!

Plan for the week...be good! I'll be at the beach this weekend visiting family so I probably won't eat a ton. *Fingers crossed*
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    just heard that zumba is coming back to my gym.... So excited!!! Just in time for me going back!!! My ankle is finally healed enough to get back in the game... It's taken long enough!! Geez!!! It's depressing...
    Anyway, glad to be back!!!!! I have missed you girls like crazy!!! Good to see that you ladies are still doing so well!!!
  • busymom74
    Hi KJ! We missed you!
  • yolie1220
    yolie1220 Posts: 223 Member
    Hello Ladies. I am 33 weeks now. I have gained 37 pounds as of this morning :grumble: I have more noticeable cellulite on my legs now too. Can't wait for this baby to get here so I can lose some weight! :tongue:
  • magglett
    magglett Posts: 2,000
    Happy May 24 Canada!!!

FireworksAnimatedMBD600OWNER1.gif
  • Meags23
    Meags23 Posts: 98
    Yay! Happy Victoria Day! Well, I didn't go camping this weekend like I wanted, but good thing I didn't because it snowed in the mountains! But enjoyed my long weekend. Today I made cupcakes from scratch! They were yummy. Have a great week everyone!
  • kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    Thanks, Busymom!! I've missed you guys as well!!!
  • magglett
    Hi there MFPers ... Have you ever heard of Geocaching? A friend of mine just started geocaching and is so excited about it ... she told me about it because she knows I love hiking and thought this might add a new dimension to it. It all looks so interesting, I've checked out the web site and am now looking into getting a handheld gps, and I've registered for the basic membership too. I was walking a trail the other day and saw a couple of women with their gps's and pointing out into a field so I asked them if they were geocaching and they were. One of them has been at it for a couple of years and has logged over 900 caches ... holy cow eh? I can't wait to get started. Check it out ... www.geocaching.com
  • thirtyby40
    Never heard of Geocaching but I will check it out. You have peaked my curiosity.
  • busymom74
    Same here- I've never heard of it but I'm checking it out!
  • thirtyby40
    So we are having a major heat wave and our central air is on the fritz. I usually do the 30 Shred and Elliptical for a workout, but my house is too hot and since I do that in the basement I don't want to bring up the heat down there in my families only cool spot right now. They are coming to look at it Monday so keep your fingers crosse it is an easy fix and I don't have to wait for parts. The humidity is supposed to break tomorrow so hopefully there will be some relief. If I had my way we would only use it on really humid days, but my family is very grumpy when they are hot so i am looking forward to an end to the moodiness.

I think I will wait until sundown and go for a nice long walk for my cardio, I can't run right now, but we live in a valley so there are lots of huge hills to climb. I think I will see if one of my older kids want to go with me for company. I refuse to complain about heat, honestly I love it and it is here for such a short amount of time. I could wish for more of a breeze though!

Hope everyone is having a great week.
  • magglett
    We're having a Heat Wave ... A Tropical Heat Wave ... I'm with you baby. I hope to get out there this evening if it lets up a bit ... but for now ... man it's sticky out there. Hope your air conditioner gets fixed really soon.

heat-wave.bmp
  • busymom74
    I LOVE this weather! If I could convince my boss to shut off the AC I'd be so happy!
  • busymom74
    I hope everyone is out and about in this awesome weather!

I forgot to weigh in today. We had to get up early to pack up the truck to go camping and I completely forgot. I'm ok with that though. lol
  • magglett
    Good Morning all ... I'm up 1/2 lb. this week. Oh Well. What are you gonna do ... I know I was pretty good this week ... maybe a bit too much sodium.

Starting Weight = 208.5 lbs
    Last Week's Weight = 188.5 lbs
    This Week's Weight = 189.0 lbs
  • busymom74
    We only had one weigher this week? We're slacking people! Let's pick it up!! I challenge us all to weigh in EVERY week in JUNE! Every single week!
  • courtney_love2001
    courtney_love2001 Posts: 1,468 Member
    Hey guys! I have been so busy out enjoying this gorgeous weather!!! Been going to the pool often and yesterday I went to the local park for a trail run. I was running on a paved trail when I saw a break in the trees; I was intrigued and headed on in; it was a narrow little trail that led to a giant creek. It was so awesome! Like I wasn't even in the city at all...heaven. I ran/hiked for an hour and burned 800 cals! It was the most enjoyable 800 cals I've ever burned! I think this new exercise will def help me get into top shape for my caribbean trip :bigsmile:

Hope all of you are doing well and getting ready for our anniversary in a few days! Crazyyyyy!!

CW: 139.5
    LW: 140
  • busymom74
    Very cool Courtney!
  • thirtyby40
    Maggs- half pound could be anything. Sodium and this heat!! I have been so swollen from this heat I could not get my rings off last night. Although things cooled down overnight so the swelling is on the way down. You are doing great!

Courtney- Sounds great. My husband just discovered a new trail near where we live and he is really enthusiastic about running now too. I think I will try it out on a bike with my 12 yr old this week. Exercise is more fun when the scenery is appealing.

Busymom- I think that is a great challenge. I vow to own up to all my impending errors in judgement and weigh in weekly for all of June. This should be interesting considering all the BBQ's and such that we are attending.

I am still in the Biggest Loser competition with my husband. I don't think either of us are doing well. I have been ravenous lately. Usually the heat makes me less hungry, but suddenly I could eat all the time. I wonder if it is because I have not been taking my vitamins in the past couple of weeks. Perhaps my body is begging for nutrients. I am going to try to start being religious about it again. Funny how easily we fall out of habits!

Have a great weekend June Starters!
This discussion has been closed.