Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Training for my FIRST ever 5K-help!

2»

Replies

• LoosingMyLast15
    LoosingMyLast15 Posts: 1,457 Member
    And there has been a lot of tension between this girl and I at work. Until about a month ago I told her that this had to stop because it was causing work to go downhill and the rest of our employees were being effected by it as well. And so that's why I think she's slowly coming around. Because I have nothing against her. My only thing with it for me, was I've never ran and she's done 5K's before including one this past weekend and I wanted it to give myself motivation to be able to do it because if she could being bigger than me than I should have been able to do a 5K. And a few people at my work say that she's jealous of me but I don't care whatever the reason she was causing the tension and drama at our work I told her it had to stop so it slowly is but it's giving me motivation for this seeing that she asked me to do this with her.

instead of wanting to "rub it in her face" why not use what she has accomplished as positive motivation and also ask her to help you with your running. this could be just the thing you need to bring the two of you closer. since you are going to run with her - ask her to join you on a run so not only can the two of you get to know each other but you can get comfortable with running together.

also i have to repeat what others have said a 5k is no where near a marathon. it's only 3.1 miles. just an fyi too about the color run - you do not run straight the entire time it's not the same as a good ole fashioned 5k. you end up walking or sometimes stopping at the color stations because they get so jammed up with people. it is also not a timed run it's a fun run; very different.

editted to add: just because you are smaller in size does not mean you are a better runner. i know plenty of people that are larger than me and RUN WAY FASTER!
  • Ralstonk2
    Ralstonk2 Posts: 345 Member
    And there has been a lot of tension between this girl and I at work. Until about a month ago I told her that this had to stop because it was causing work to go downhill and the rest of our employees were being effected by it as well. And so that's why I think she's slowly coming around. Because I have nothing against her. My only thing with it for me, was I've never ran and she's done 5K's before including one this past weekend and I wanted it to give myself motivation to be able to do it because if she could being bigger than me than I should have been able to do a 5K. And a few people at my work say that she's jealous of me but I don't care whatever the reason she was causing the tension and drama at our work I told her it had to stop so it slowly is but it's giving me motivation for this seeing that she asked me to do this with her.

instead of wanting to "rub it in her face" why not use what she has accomplished as positive motivation and also ask her to help you with your running. this could be just the thing you need to bring the two of you closer. since you are going to run with her - ask her to join you on a run so not only can the two of you get to know each other but you can get comfortable with running together.

also i have to repeat what others have said a 5k is no where near a marathon. it's only 3.1 miles. just an fyi too about the color run - you do not run straight the entire time it's not the same as a good ole fashioned 5k. you end up walking or sometimes stopping at the color stations because they get so jammed up with people. it is also not a timed run it's a fun run; very different.

editted to add: just because you are smaller in size does not mean you are a better runner. i know plenty of people that are larger than me and RUN WAY FASTER!

Yes I know. Because I can't run at all. And she said she ran/walked her 5K this past weekend. So as of now that's more than I can do and she's bigger than me. So I'm not saying because I'm smaller than her makes me better. I'm just wanting motivation to push myself harder. And this alone is doing it for sure. So we shall see. Thanks everyone! And I'm not going to rub it in her face. I just want to be able to keep up. That's all really. And yes, I know it's not a timed one. And I understand the difference between a marathon and a 5K. 26.2 and 3.1.

Thanks for everyone's opinions and suggestions!