New Here

Options
Hello friends. I was a runner 3 years ago and for some reason just stopped suddenly after completing my 1st half marathon. I put on 40 pounds since that time and my cholesterol and blood pressure shot up to dangerous levels. One day I thought I was having a heart attack but in the ER discovered it was an ulcer. Bullet dodged! In the following 3 months I put my self on a strict diet and took all the required meds, but they made me feel terrible. I was weak and dizzy all the time, my hands would shake and I could barely walk much less run again. Well, the diet worked, I lost 40 pounds, got my cholesterol under control, but I'm still working on the blood pressure. I went from 3 meds to 1.

My problem now is that I am falling back to my old habits. I've put on 20 pounds and broke 200 this week, something I promised myself and my wife I would never do! I've been eating more meat, sweets and drinking more wine, things I'd stopped completely. I'm much stronger now so I can run again, which led me here. I'm going to adjust my diet and use myfitnesspal to keep track of everything, that seemed to work for me before.

I hope to see you in the forums!

Replies

• jennfranklin
    jennfranklin Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    Glad to see that you are back on track. Add me for support if you like!
  • IHTSM
    IHTSM Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I admire you for coming on here and sharing your story! I have found so much support on this site and I know you will too

Best of luck achieving your goals :)
  • holyforge
    holyforge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Thanks, folks.