lifters-what do you do with your calluses?

Options

Replies

• jacklis
    jacklis Posts: 280 Member
    Options
    I show 'em off as proof of my hard-a** work.

Be proud girl :)

QFT- have come to love my calluses.
  • just_fur_luck
    just_fur_luck Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    I leave them on. I do need to get me some gloves though.

gloves=gayness

You can't completely get rid of your calluses unless you stop lifting. If they get too thick you'll start ripping them off when you deadlift heavy and it's not fun. I file mine down with a metal file.
    I wish I could be as rad as you someday. No gloves and using a farriers rasp to shave down my calluses. You're my hero.
  • airen123
    airen123 Posts: 149
    Options
    I use a razor that's designed for the foot and for the most part it works...I'm not sure why they are so irritating to me. I wear rings on my ring fingers, and those hurt especially. (I don't wear rings when lifting)
  • RandiLandCHANGED
    RandiLandCHANGED Posts: 630 Member
    Options
    Cut them off and put them in a glass jar.

Jk. I leave them alone and feel like a badass. Lifting with gloves feels awkward and they don't bother me.
  • 1ConcreteGirl
    1ConcreteGirl Posts: 3,677 Member
    Options
    I show them off!

Lifting without gloves makes me feel like a badass
  • auroranflash
    auroranflash Posts: 3,569 Member
    Options
    I eat them like cornflakes.
  • cpiton
    cpiton Posts: 380 Member
    Options
    I still had callouses even when I wore gloves. I use chalk now--just a personal preference--and I get them, but every once in a while I slough them off with a pumice stone. It never completely goes away, but it's less noticeable.

Also, I adjusted my grip after reading "Starting Strength" and that helped. I was starting with the bar too high in my hands.
  • SatchGallamax
    SatchGallamax Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Proper grip and chalk seems to help a lot. I have very mild callouses, they aren't rough or jagged at all. Genetics might play a factor too.

^ Same for me. Although, I prefer not to use chalk.
  • BEERRUNNER
    BEERRUNNER Posts: 3,049 Member
    Options
    I show them off!

I have to admit I show them off too:bigsmile:
  • ZoeLifts
    ZoeLifts Posts: 10,347 Member
    Options
    Proper grip and chalk seems to help a lot. I have very mild callouses, they aren't rough or jagged at all. Genetics might play a factor too.

^ Same for me. Although, I prefer not to use chalk.

Same here. When I started out they were bad but I barely notice them any more. No chalk, either.
  • JNick77
    JNick77 Posts: 3,783 Member
    Options
    Mine really bother me, so I like to remove them...but my husband says I need them. What do you do?

I wear mine with pride. Seriously. :) Although the one that I tore open while deadlifting I tried to heal-up a little. LOL
  • ndj1979
    ndj1979 Posts: 29,136 Member
    Options
    gloves F my grip up so I just roll with the calluses...

I like to grind them into a blender with protein powder and raspberry ketones...it helps my weight loss...bahahahahahaha
  • horseplaypen
    horseplaypen Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I file them down with a foot file, because they tend to snag my hair otherwise, which is just irritating. I find I get more calluses from pullups and stuff than from weights, though.
  • NovemberJune
    NovemberJune Posts: 2,525 Member
    Options
    So far nothing. They hurt sometimes but it hasn't gotten to the point of bleeding so I'm ok for now :wink:
  • PetulantOne
    PetulantOne Posts: 2,131 Member
    Options
    I wear my calluses with pride, and if they come off, into the skin box they go!
    29crr79.jpg
    That's a keeper.
    :drinker:
  • chels0722
    chels0722 Posts: 465 Member
    Options
    I like to grind them into a blender with protein powder and raspberry ketones...it helps my weight loss...bahahahahahaha

So that's the secret.....

I must get on this new fad ASAP
  • cavia
    cavia Posts: 457 Member
    Options
    I show them off!

^This. I'm proud of mine.
  • dbmata
    dbmata Posts: 12,950 Member
    Options
    Mine really bother me, so I like to remove them...but my husband says I need them. What do you do?

I name mine. Currently, I have two.
    Paddler on the left and Mad Deadz on the right.
  • krhn
    krhn Posts: 781 Member
    Options
    Use weightlifting gloves or fat gripz, these gripz widen the circumference of your grip meaning no pinches or scrapes to the rigid metal bits.... Works great on your forearms as well!