5'2
w
2002; 187
2006; 116
2007; 165
2008; 133
2010; 163
2012; 155

I've struggled with a range of eating disorders and now I am aiming to live a more productive, active life in all aspects, starting with my food and alcohol consumption. I was just put on a medication that made me gain about 40 pounds and I'm looking to simply fit comfortably into my clothes again. I really can't afford another wardrobe.

Anyone want to be friends? I'm 24 and on my summer break between undergrad and grad university. I like the outdoors, literature, art, music, macabre, culture, pretty much all things except sports.

I also have this problem where I HATE working out because it's boring. I get way too distracted. I also have a phobia of people I know seeing my exercise. I live in a small town where everyone knows me. Hoping to take advantage of the nature trails in the area.

Replies

• hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Friends? Anybody?
  • crypticcalicocat
    crypticcalicocat Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hey, feel free to add me. I've been known in the past to struggle with binge-eating, and I also used to hate working out around other people. But I slowly eased my way into exercising and trying to eat healthy and I'm slowly getting there.

Also, I dislike sports a lot :p
  • kckBxer396
    kckBxer396 Posts: 460 Member
    Options
    I understand the yo yo weight. In 2002, I weighed 110 pounds. In2007, I weighed around 130. In 2010, I weighed 170ish, by 2011 I weighed 140, and now I weigh around 190. It's crazy ridiculous and really gets to me. I go to a 24 hr gym and go late at night or early in the day. If there are a lot of people there, I won't stay and I get really depressed about the way I look and how my clothes fit. I've been working out at home, even though I live in a tiny apartment. I also go to the park and walk and have trying to take up jogging, which I used to really enjoy. I think my weight issues are due to the fact that I used to go without eating. I didn't do it intentionally, I just wouldn't be hungry. I was at an alright weight,but I have really borderline diabetes(it's hereditary, even when I was like 100 pounds I had issues with it), and my doctor put me on metformin. Metformin will cause you to lose weight,and I quickly lost 40 pounds,but then my doctor took me off of it,and I regained all of it and then some. Now, it's a disaster trying to manage my weight.
    You're welcome to friend me,and I would be glad to talk to you if you need someone to vent or talk to. It seems like we have a lot of common interests,and we're the same age. However, I do love martial arts of really any type. I guess that counts as a sport. haha
  • hauntao
    hauntao Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the feedback ladies!

I hope to be on here consistently and provide support and all that jazz. I'm open, honest and friendly, so whatever ails you, I'm here as well.