Starbucks Frappuccino

Options
Since Starbucks is having special. Half off their Frappuccinos from 3-5pm I decided i'm going to go in and try it. I also don't want it to be calorie laden either. How do you take your Frap and what are some healthy options? I'm a black coffee drinker so I don't need super sweet. Help me out!

Replies

• courtniemarie
    courtniemarie Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    I would just stick to a tall without whipped cream. The sugars are going to be off the charts no matter what flavor!
  • NikiChicken
    NikiChicken Posts: 576 Member
    Options
    I go with the Mocha Light Frapp - 130 cals for the grande size. They have several "Light" options that won't necessarily break the bank calorie wise.
  • megge6537
    megge6537 Posts: 10
    Options
    They also have a "light" version which is made with less fat.
    I like the 'light caramel, no whip"
  • duckiec
    duckiec Posts: 241 Member
    Options
    Their website lists nutrition info: http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition&drink=frappuccino-blended-beverages

The light ones made with nonfat come in at under 150 or 200 cals for a grande. A little more than my usual iced flavored skinny latte, and the nutrition's a bit better (more protein, less sugar) on the latte since the calories are really from the nonfat milk, but I can't resist a bargain, either. :)
  • Jchambers1130
    Jchambers1130 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Ask for sugar free syrup, Save a ton.
  • jotun87
    jotun87 Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    I always go for a Tall Light Mocha...I can't keep myself away from their delicious whipped cream. I usually ask for just a little dollop to satisfy me :drinker:
  • kvandeman
    kvandeman Posts: 527 Member
    Options
    Ask for it Skinny
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Thank you this is awesome. I'm getting either the tazo or the espresso!
    Their website lists nutrition info: http://www.starbucks.com/menu/catalog/nutrition?drink=all#view_control=nutrition&drink=frappuccino-blended-beverages

The light ones made with nonfat come in at under 150 or 200 cals for a grande. A little more than my usual iced flavored skinny latte, and the nutrition's a bit better (more protein, less sugar) on the latte since the calories are really from the nonfat milk, but I can't resist a bargain, either. :)
  • Soccer_Chick
    Soccer_Chick Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Stick with your plain old black coffee! It's awesome "GO" juice. Why start the Starbucks habit just cuz they're having a sale? Run the other way as fast as you can!! Lol...
  • PrajnaFaux
    PrajnaFaux Posts: 45
    Options
    I used to work for Starbucks. STAY AWAY FROM FRAPUCCINOS! They are the worst thing you can have, next to the white chocolate mocha. If you're not a regular frap drinker, it will give you the worst stomach cramps and, um, other digestive issues. The only things I can honestly recommend if you are committed to healthy living are regular coffee and unsweetened tea. Which you can make for yourself for just pennies a day.
  • shellbatronic
    shellbatronic Posts: 193
    Options
    There's sooooo much sugar in Frapps, even the light ones. Personally, I get an iced Americano with Sugar Free Caramel syrup when I'm feeling the cold caffeine urges. But hey, sometimes you just gotta answer the phone when the craving's calling. :tongue:
  • MartialPanda
    MartialPanda Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    Truth! There is a lot of sugar! I got the expresso frap. 1 shot. non-fat milk and sugar free whatever the hell it was. Came to 150. Not great but it's something!