New and happy about it!

Options
Although I have only been using MFP for a few days I can already see that it is going to help me figure things out and help me keep track of what I am doing. I couldnt be happier about that! The day that my husband and I both signed up for this is the same day that we bought a scale and got a real slap in the face, but that slap has turned into a good thing and good things to come!

Replies

• SassyMissDasha
    Options
    That's great for you and your husband! Welcome! :) You will get lots of help here.
  • DanOhh
    DanOhh Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP and good luck to you and your husband.
  • CapeCodGal
    CapeCodGal Posts: 23
    Options
    Great start! I'm new too! let's kick this weight!
  • shadows1177
    shadows1177 Posts: 33
    Options
    Great start! I'm new too! let's kick this weight!

Well getting on the scale for the first time in years was a real shocker for me, I saw numbers on it that I never wanted to see. I am hoping to make for a good fast start to keep me modivated to get the rest of it off as well. Whats funny is that my goal weight is a weight that I once weighed and thought of my self as being chuby, looking back, I looked great! LOL
  • miqisha
    miqisha Posts: 1,534 Member
    Options
    Goodluck to you and your husband on your journey......
  • shadows1177
    Options
    That's great for you and your husband! Welcome! :) You will get lots of help here.

Thanks! I think that our big thing is learning what and how to eat again. We dont eat much meat but after looking at the things that we do it we are replacing our meats with other bad foods, and we knew that, we just didnt realize how much we had both gained over the last 5 years. But I am just a few days in and have last 2 pounds (I work out a lot and hard).
  • SekhmetNova
    Options
    Congrats on losing 2 pounds already! That is really exciting and encouraging! :)
  • shadows1177
    Options
    Congrats on losing 2 pounds already! That is really exciting and encouraging! :)

Actually I have lost 6 as of this morning!
  • SekhmetNova
    Options
    Well congrats on that! How wonderful is that! :happy:
  • megamom
    megamom Posts: 920 Member
    Options
    Welcome