Ladies I Need Your Help - Weird Gym Relationship

Options
2»

Replies

• MissAnjy
    MissAnjy Posts: 2,480 Member
    Options
    Subconscious guilt. She likes you, more than a friend. When her man is around, she doesnt pay attention to you because she doesn't want him to find out.

This.
  • montlucia
    montlucia Posts: 90
    Options
    I wouldn't ask her about it. Sometimes being assertive is the answer, but in certain situations it's best to leave well alone. Perhaps you have too high expectations for the interactions you share. She probably thinks of it as just casual conversation so might not perceive it as being cold towards you. I think it's best to level down your expectations and enjoy it for what it is.
  • laural007
    laural007 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    It sounds like her boyfriend might be a really insecure jealous man and it's probably not worth the fight. OR she likes you and doesn't want her boyfriend to pick up on it.
  • Juliejustsaying
    Juliejustsaying Posts: 2,332 Member
    Options
    She's into her bf...and wants to just interact with him when she's got him....I get that, totally. It also seems like she feels awkward about it...I'd drop it enjoy what you have when you have it, it isn't ever going to be anything more.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    So I got 3 question ladies:
    1.) What’s the deal?
    2.) Is it just a boyfriend thing?
    3.) Should I ask her what’s the deal? or just leave it alone?
    1) Either a) she has an insanely jealous bf or b) she wants her bf to think she doesn't talk to other men ever or c) some combination of both.
    2) No, it's not just a bf thing. It's her choice to act like she doesn't know you when he's around. He may not even give a shyt that she has guy friends, but she has this inflated sense of self and *thinks* he'll get jealous.
    3) Your call, depends on how much it bothers you. Personally, I don't have friends that won't claim me if their significant other is around. That's just rude. If I were you that would bother me at least a bit, so first I would ask her why she's all buddy buddy with you when she's alone then Ice Queen if Dude is around. She may have a reasonable explanation...though i can't really think of one. IMHO she is being disrespectful to you and basically saying you're not worth telling her bf about. I wouldn't carry on even a casual friendship with someone if it was like all that, so I guess it depends on whether you care or not.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    Subconscious guilt. She likes you, more than a friend. When her man is around, she doesnt pay attention to you because she doesn't want him to find out.

This.

Another vote for this
  • caspergirl7
    caspergirl7 Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    leave it alone.. pretty sure its just cause her guy probably would make a big deal about it and we can't stand getting into those convo's with our significant other
  • Justkeepswimmin
    Justkeepswimmin Posts: 777 Member
    Options

I vote this one.
  • tatd_820
    tatd_820 Posts: 573 Member
    Options

I think this is exactly it!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    1.) What’s the deal?
    She is flirting with you and probably likes you, so when her boyfriend is around she doesn't want him to pick up on that as she most likely feels guilty towards him for it. It could also be she has done this kind of thing before so is aware if he sees her talking to a man he will suspect something is up. It could be many reasons as to why she is like this in front of the boyfriend, but they all conclude to that it's not platonic on her part.

I'm assuming yes as it's only when he is around she is doing this. But it's not "just" a boyfriend thing, it's a boyfriend thing when he is around.

I would. Or stop speaking to her and completely leave it alone, as she is being really unfair if you genuinely see this as a platonic friendship and she shouldn't be treating you like that if she respects you.
  • Michelle2W
    Michelle2W Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    So I got 3 question ladies:
    1.) What’s the deal?
    [/quote]

1) She's probably attracted to you.
    2) Her bf probably knows her well enough and will be able to read into any flirtatious interaction she has with you. So she avoids you.
    3) The next time she speaks to you, you should jokingly say, "Oh, now you want to speak to me, now your dude's not around".
  • ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    paWyTbH.jpg
  • andrea464
    andrea464 Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Leave it alone. If she acts that way then their relationship isn't all that healthy. Just wait til they break up and soon you'll be going to the gym together

nAYHwTF.jpg

This!