Heart Rate Paranoia?

Options
I know this'll probably sound really stupid, but I think I'm getting paranoid over my heart rate. Anything I do makes my heart rate go up, which scares me. Now, I do know I have to raise the heart rate in order to burn calories. However, I woke up early this morning with a rapid heart rate. Worse, I feel I have to check my heart rate every few minutes, even every few SECONDS!

I have lost weight and have watched what I've been eating, so why am I going paranoid over my heart rate? :embarassed:

Replies

• briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    Not too sure but it definitely sounds like you are having issues with anxiety. Which sad to say will increase your heart rate. Maybe you should look into where your heart rate should be resting and during a super intense work out. Also, talking to your doctor about this may be a good idea since it is causing you so much anxiety.
  • Gizziemoto
    Gizziemoto Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I would call your doctor. A lot of advice here but most of us are not doctors and when it comes to your heart, your doctor is the person to talk with. Good luck.
  • Colleen118
    Colleen118 Posts: 491 Member
    Options
    Could be panic/anxiety attacks but best to call your doctor. If for some reason you can't or don't want to then I suggest meditating daily. IF that doesn't help then it really is something you should talk to your doctor about.