Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

How to log work hours?

Just wondering how/if everyone logs the hours they work in for exercise.

I work at a hospital and I know that most of the time I'm burning calories from all the walking around I do. Does anyone else have a similar job and they log it, or do you just forget it and not worry about going a little over your calories?

Replies

• micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Change your activity setting to match your day. I walk everywhere, but I do it everyday so I don't count it as exercise. I just have my activity settings set to moderately active.
  • crista_b
    crista_b Posts: 1,192 Member
    Change your activity setting to match your day. I walk everywhere, but I do it everyday so I don't count it as exercise. I just have my activity settings set to moderately active.
    You answered before my post. That's what I was trying to say...
    I assume most people just let that be included in their "lifestyle" or whatever when setting the goals rather than logging it as exercise. For example, I work a desk job so I'm sitting in front of a computer all day and have set my goals as a sedentary lifestyle. You could set yours at one of the higher levels.
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member

^ This.
    Alternatively you could try to work out how long you walk for roughly per day (I have no idea how you'd gauge this? Maybe a pedometer would help?) and log it that way?
  • my pedometer logs my steps and calories burned from steps.
  • marcvandenberg
    marcvandenberg Posts: 190 Member
    You can set your daily activity in your profile.
    If U wanna know how much u burn during work, invest in a tracker, U can find them under the apps section.
    Like fitbit, it will sync to MFP.

Marc

ps I sit most of my day so i just measure my walks. (also with a free smartphone tracker)
  • phjorg1
    phjorg1 Posts: 642 Member
    you don't log work.
  • TAMayorga
    TAMayorga Posts: 341 Member
    my pedometer logs my steps and calories burned from steps.

My pedometer app on my phone logs my steps.
  • Capt_Apollo
    Capt_Apollo Posts: 9,026 Member
    don't log it.
  • jessicae1aine
    jessicae1aine Posts: 885
    I agree, adjust your activity level.

If something happens and I'm doing more physically strenuous work than I normally do, I tend to log it as "light cleaning" for the duration of time I was doing it, even though that's usually an underestimation of calories based on what my HRM says when I take it. I'd rather underestimate by a couple hundred than be over.
  • lieselLalor
    lieselLalor Posts: 169 Member
    That's what I was thinking. Thanks everyone.