Anyone out there who actually offers support?

Options
Hello there. :) Trying this again to get some more friends - ones that actually support and encourage!
I'm very supportive myself, as well.

I'm 18, 5'4, and 194 lbs. My goal is to be somewhere between 120-145, I'll decide when I get there I suppose! I lost weight before by tracking my calories in a book, but I lost motivation to keep doing that as it was annoying to carry a book around with me wherever I go to log things. I stopped and gained back the weight I had lost, and more. MFP is much easier for me to stay motivated with.

Hope I can make some new friends!

Replies

• purpleleopard76
    purpleleopard76 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Hi,

I'm 5' 3" and currently weigh 172 lbs with a target goal of around 130lbs so not that far from your own situation (although I am a little bit older lol :wink: )

I log on everyday and my diary is open so hopefully we can encourage each other to reach our goals.

Feel free to add me :happy:
  • smmk9899
    smmk9899 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hello there!!! Today is my first day. I am 42, 5'7" , 197 lbs...looking to get down to 150 lbs...have never had an issue with my weight untill the past 5 years...I've tried everything which they all worked but I lose motivation & willpower. This morning I put a post it on all of my mirrors and in my car that reads "Nothing tastes as good as being thin feels"...it's a quote I borrowed from weight watchers and I hope it helps me out!!! Hoping to make some friends on here too who we can use as a support system.
  • niightwindz
    niightwindz Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I added you both, thank you!
  • 1tiamat
    1tiamat Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking to add new friends and support. How else am I going to brag about my amazing cooking skills? =D

Keep your head up guys and if you want I'll give you a little encouragement as I log daily (with an occasional missed day).

Keep working at it!
  • Nengi1980
    Nengi1980 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm Nengi from London. Feel free to add me as a friend ;o)
  • pamla77
    pamla77 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    i'm on daily!! feel free to add me! :)
  • mystmaker143
    Options
    Hello there. :) Trying this again to get some more friends - ones that actually support and encourage!
    I'm very supportive myself, as well.

I'm 18, 5'4, and 194 lbs. My goal is to be somewhere between 120-145, I'll decide when I get there I suppose! I lost weight before by tracking my calories in a book, but I lost motivation to keep doing that as it was annoying to carry a book around with me wherever I go to log things. I stopped and gained back the weight I had lost, and more. MFP is much easier for me to stay motivated with.

Hope I can make some new friends!
    hello! Im always logging in my diary if you want to add me you can im a pretty busy momof two young kids but Ill try to offer some encouragement when i can if you want to add me.
  • TattooMom420
    Options
    you can add me I am always looking for support and to support . looking for friends that long on daily.
  • Advntrgrl
    Advntrgrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!!! If you need anything, or having any questions, feel free to reach out!
  • unapologeticallyemma
    unapologeticallyemma Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    me too, i log on every day and my diary is open and you can message me and whatever as much as you like
  • skinnydreams19
    skinnydreams19 Posts: 282 Member
    Options
    I'm 20, 5'4" and in need of some serious loss! Warning: I'm not too good at this. I've been here for 3 months and still no loss (it was way better last time, this time I'm having so much trouble not overeating!) I log on daily and support my friends with message and status comments :)
  • Advntrgrl
    Advntrgrl Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Love your quote!!!!!
  • annemcharles
    annemcharles Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add...I'm here every day!
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    most certainly
  • Kxgz
    Kxgz Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hey there! I log daily and a moment often on my friends posts. Feel free to add me : )
  • kitza101
    kitza101 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    You can add me too if you want, I'm on every day :)
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    I do failry often, but there are smatterings of sarcasm, jokes, innuendo, and such in there as well. But I think if you ask those on my FL they would vouche for me.
  • LTGPSA
    LTGPSA Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    I am happy to support Pals who are serious about improving their health. Add me if you wish. Peace. :flowerforyou:
  • iulia_maddie
    iulia_maddie Posts: 2,780 Member
    Options
    Not me, but the people on my FL are extremely motivating and supporting. PM me for details and recommendations.
  • nicolecassandra
    Options
    There's an app or MFP diary that you can use so you dont have to use a literal book to log it. Stay focused. Balance diet and exercise. Also, be patient, keep track of your weight and take pictures too. It's not gonna be an instant change, it requires patience while you do it. may take weeks or even months, but it'll be worth it. Good luck!