calorie intake is in the negative, again, today :(

Options
13»

Replies

• jadelunar
    jadelunar Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    1. Increase your protein - it will help you feel more full. The same with fiber from fruits and veggies. NOT juice, but the whole fruits/veggies. Increase your water intake.

2. Time your meals. Do your workout just before you're going to eat a big meal, like lunch or dinner. That way you don't have to worry about an extra snack after your workout.

3. Try protein shakes. They are very filling and will help you get your protein.

4. Drop the empty calories. They are counterproductive. Like soda, chocolate, and jelly. ALL of them. They could be causing you to feel hungry. When you eat refined sugar, your sugar will spike for a short time, crashes down and then you feel hungry again. Try eating them only once a week instead of every day. You will feel better and probably get hungry less often. OR if you feel like you don't want to cut them out all together, allow yourself a dessert once in awhile, but only at the end of the day IF you have some calories left over. Don't eat them in the morning.

5. Research lower calorie recipes and cook your own meals when you can. You have more control over the calories and portion size this way.

6. Log your food everyday, for every meal. It looks like you haven't been consistently logging your food. If you log everyday, you will be forced to look at what food you're eating and be less likely to overeat or indulge.

7. Try making those adjustments for a week and if you still feel hungry, then try increasing your calorie allowance by 200-300 calories per day and see if that is more reasonable.

8. On nights when you feel hungry and you feel that you absolutely have to go over your calorie goal, make a small snack that is mostly protein. You could have half a protein shake, cottage cheese, string cheese, nuts (measure them), or Greek yogurt with some fruit (no sugar added).
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    Everyone here has good advice, I am just eching it in agreement...

- less sugary beverages/snacks
    -more protein
    -more calories
    -drink plenty of water.

**My personal story on breakfast making me famisshed the rest of day-- I found when I stick to a protein drink/smoothie (or any portien and ftuits/vegs) I am full and have energy.
    but when I have grains (toast, bagel, waffles, etc) I am hungry all day and morre headachey.

in short, something are more cut and dry (like getting enough nutrients and water) and some are personal and you have to find what works for you (like the breakfast issue)

I suggest finding your TDEE calorie amount (using your activity level) and eating at a 10-20% deficit. (dono't eat back calories from exercise) OR TDEE at 'no activity level'- and eat back your exercise calories.
  • M______
    M______ Posts: 288 Member
    Options
    I had the same thing in the mornings, no food was enough and I'd get hungry sometimes even 1 hour after eating. I'd have cereal in the morning, an hour later I'd be having a sandwich for an early lunch. Then I would snack on chocolates and crisps in the very early afternoon.

Now I have oatmeal with chia seeds. I add fruit too, but thats just for taste. It keeps me content for 6 hours. Oatmeal was supposed to be filling but it didn't do the trick for me until I added the chia seeds. They work a charm and all in all it's a great tasting breakfast.