So, an old lady made me feel bad today

Options
2»

Replies

• dym123
    dym123 Posts: 1,670 Member
    Options
    LOVE that story.....and love that you talked to her and found out her story!

Damn, this is what I was going to say. I also hope it inspired you to get off your *kitten* and MOVE!
  • acidosaur
    acidosaur Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    Yup, feel inspire! You too can be that sporty and cool by the time you reach that age! And honestly, I don't even think 80 is old if the person is in good health and enjoying life! :)

exactly!
  • Alex_is_Hawks
    Alex_is_Hawks Posts: 3,499 Member
    Options
    That'll be my mom in 20 years ....... Seriously

Its motivating for sure
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I hope I can be that cool when I'm old and grey.
  • odusgolp
    odusgolp Posts: 10,477 Member
    Options
    I suspect I'll be dead by then.

She sounds fantastic ;)
  • BeachIron
    BeachIron Posts: 6,490 Member
    Options
    Thanks for sharing this! Very inspiring.

My great grandmother died in her mid nineties while push mowing her own lawn. I plan to follow doing something just as strenuous but more fun.
  • jofjltncb6
    jofjltncb6 Posts: 34,415 Member
    Options
    That. Is. Awesome.
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    My cousin's husband, retired and 78 years-old, kayaks in the San Francisco Bay looking for sea lions that have red tide mental issues and to track animals. 3-4 days a week. As volunteer work on brain damage and seizures. Do you know how cold the Bay Area water is?

Anyway - travel to Leh, India and you'll see enough old people doing awesome stuff for a lifetime.
  • RoadsterGirlie
    RoadsterGirlie Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    I want to be her when I get old. That's awesome!!!

Don't let it make you feel bad - you should feel inspired!! Getting down on yourself doesn't do you any good - just pick up and move on!!!
  • ctpeace
    ctpeace Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    That's right, the grannies know what's up! I love it how sometimes us "young people" whine and complain about how haaaaaard it is and that we caaaaan't seem to lose any weeeeeight, and then some unassuming jogger dude or kayaker lady or someone who has obviously been doing what they're doing for at least twice as long as I've been alive just quietly does what we keep whining isn't possible. Being that cool when we're old starts with being that cool now. Just do it.
  • thecakelocker
    thecakelocker Posts: 407 Member
    Options
    I was in line behind a little old lady at the exotic pet shop once and she asked the counter guy for a bunny.

Guy, snottily: "We don't sell pet bunnies, we only sell feeder rabbits for large reptiles. They're not very nice."
    Lady, exasperated: "I KNOW. It's for my 17 foot python."

My hero.
  • avababy05
    avababy05 Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    An elderly couple inspired the start of my "Weight loss journey"

When I was laid off three years ago I just kinda sat on my deck sulking and smoking cigarettes the first couple of months.

I noticed this couple,I would say they are in their 70's,speed walking passed my house everyday.

Finally something clicked and I said if they can do this everyday,you can at least give it a shot.

Three months later I was down the first 30 pounds.

I was out walking earlier this year and we crossed paths.I told them they inspired me.They seemed to really appreciate it!:smile:
  • Oishii
    Oishii Posts: 2,675 Member
    Options
    My long term goal is to still be salsaing when I'm 70. Maybe I should raise the bar... :laugh:
  • hellokittymaui
    hellokittymaui Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    You should go kayaking with her, dude! She sounds like she's a *hoot*!
  • vtmoon
    vtmoon Posts: 3,436 Member
    Options
    Talk about taking badass to a new level. I'll be happy to be alive by seventy, let alone enjoying life as much as her.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Well, she was my motivation this morning.
    My alarm went off at 5:30 and I REALLY just wanted to go back to sleep but, then I thought of her so, on went the shoes and shorts for a 30 minute jog.
  • michelefrench
    michelefrench Posts: 814 Member
    Options
    what a wicked kick *kitten* lady! - and kudos to you for getting out there this morning :smile:
  • fitnh
    fitnh Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Everybody crosses our paths for a reason. What an inspiration!!!
  • dansnewstart
    dansnewstart Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Great story, Bill!!