What do you really lose if you lose 50lbs?

Options
I need to lose 50 lbs.
I'm trying to find out how much actually fat that I will lose.
I know this is not a good place to ask this question but I have quite a few good advise from this forum.
I'm vacation in asia right now. I read that I can have laser liposuction and lose 8lbs. 8lbs of stomach is a lot
so I don't know if I should go ahead with this procedure since the cost of cosmetic surgery here is less than 1/2 of what it
cost in US....

Replies

• MacMadame
    MacMadame Posts: 1,893 Member
    Options
    How much fat you lose depends on how you lose it. If you do cardio and strength training combined and eat enough protein to fuel your workouts, you should lose minimal lean muscle mass and maximum fat. If you do minimal exercise, you'll lost more muscle mass and less fat.

Where the fat comes off depends on your body and can't be controlled, however. Most people lose off their tummy last or close to last, but it definitely varies by person.

If it was me, I'd lose everything I could and then see what my tummy ended up looking like before I'd get Plastic Surgery. That way I could save my money and use it for something I want more. :happy:
  • kk_stephens
    kk_stephens Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    If you decide to go thru with it --- be carefull! Not all medical quality is the same.
    Also In my opinion it is a quick "fix" but in order for weightloss to last it has to be a lifestyle change -- not the quick fixes.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    hmm, sounds tempting! I don't know anything about the procedure but when you consider that fat cells don't go away, they just shrink, it would be nice to remove some, so they are not just there, waiting to fill up again when you slip.
  • firedragon064
    firedragon064 Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    The good thing about it is it will kill the fat cells so and I read some where we won't create any more fat cells after becoming an adult.
  • amysj303
    amysj303 Posts: 5,086 Member
    Options
    that is interesting, I didn't know that, and just read the same thing, "One amazing fact is that fat cells generally do not generate after puberty -- as your body stores more fat, the number of fat cells remains the same. Each fat cell simply gets bigger! (There are two exceptions: the body might produce more fat cells if an adult gains a significant amount of weight or has liposuction performed.)" I read it here http://health.howstuffworks.com/fat-cell.htm