And the winner for best condiment is...................

Options
FRENCH'S CLASSIC YELLOW MUSTARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (and the crowd goes wild)

I forget sometimes how much I really love mustard. There are also days, like today, when I over dure the mustard on a sandwhich a bit. I dont care. Its soooooooo good!

Replies

• seventeenlucky77
    Options
    I LOVE mustard too!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    horseradish mustard... mmmmmmmm :love:
  • lucky1ns
    lucky1ns Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    I have recently realized that I am in love with lemon juice.
  • acakeforawife
    acakeforawife Posts: 207
    Options
    I've only recently started to like mustard, but I'm really enjoying it (and it's minimal amount of calories too!) I like the dijon stuff, yum.

My favourite 'condiment' has to be hummus though. Probably most people wouldn't even consider it a condiment, but I use it in everything -- as a dip, a sandwich spread, even in place of salad dressing. It makes everything super tasty and just that much more filling and satisfying.
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    sriracha! It's a great, tasty, Asian hot sauce - use judiciously! It makes everything more exciting!
  • dmcpage
    dmcpage Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    I am a mustard freak, however my best condiment award would go to sambal oolek. Beats the pants off of anything else and I eat gobs of it even though it is HOT. I have thought many times about doing a blog here in ode of its awesomeness. *happy sigh*
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    Love hummus on sandwiches, too! Also, dijon mustard is a great marinade for fish, too!
  • amyepugh
    amyepugh Posts: 3
    Options
    I prefer the spicy brown. Fresh lemon juice is also a delish "condiment"--especially on steamed veggies!
  • immacookie
    immacookie Posts: 7,424 Member
    Options
    mmmmm hummus is awesome too, I recently started mixing a little into my tuna instead of mayo and a little goes a long way!

I love sriracha on eggs!
  • Vallandingham
    Vallandingham Posts: 2,177
    Options
    I make my own spread:
    1/2 cup mayo
    1/2 cup dijon mustard
    2 habaneros
    6 garlic cloves
    1/2 cup dill pickles
    1 Chopped white onion
    Cilantro
    Green onions
    1/4 cup pickle juice from jar of dill pickles

I throw them all in the blender and make a spread. Goes great on hamburgers, hot dogs, sandwiches, as a veggie dip.
  • CasperO
    CasperO Posts: 2,913 Member
    Options
    Carolina style pulled pork barbecue finishing sauce:

1 cup vinegar
    2 Tbs. Salt
    1 Tbs. Brown sugar
    1 tsp. cayenne pepper
    1 tsp. Red pepper flakes.

Combine all ingredients and allow to sit at least 12 hours.
  • Barneystinson
    Barneystinson Posts: 1,357 Member
    Options
    Tallarico's hoagie spread (it's basically just finely diced hot peppers, vinegar)

ooh...and Sambal Oolek is also delicious and spicy
  • TheSpicyMermaid
    TheSpicyMermaid Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Oh man. A lot of you love mustard. I HATE it! I've tried to get on board, but I don't like anything spicy. (Please ignore my username and the fact that not liking spicy things is an embarassment to my people, lol.)

A tiny bit of Ranch is all I need to for any dippage. Not a big dipper.... I'm a little dipper.
  • wantmycurvesback
    Options
    I am not a mustard fan... unless it's honey mustard (the bad stuff) or if I am adding dijon to dressings, etc.

Not sure if it's considered a condiment, but I LOOOOVE the light Laughing Cow cheese wedges. I will take the Frank's Red Hot motto and say "I put that $*#% on everything" LOL

Can't wait for the new flavors coming out as well!
  • crazyjkgirl
    crazyjkgirl Posts: 123 Member
    Options
    Peanut Butter.

Mustard- Dijon, Honey, Horseradish, and regular Yellow.

Honey BQQ Wing Sauce
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I just realized about a month ago that it's 0 calories & 55mg of sodium!!! So I put it on all my sandwiches. Today I drizzled a little honey right over the mustard.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Sriracha! a little hot but tasty!(in my family known as **** sauce) LOL because of the rooster on the bottle

AND, I can't believe nobody has mentioned this..........

Chipotle Tabasco!!!!!!!!! MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM

SOOO good on everything!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    LOL I thought that would happen.

we call it c o c k sauce LOL
  • PJilly
    PJilly Posts: 21,619 Member
    Options
    1 cup of Best Foods mayonnaise with olive oil
    1 to 1 1/2 teaspoons of ground chipotle

It's extremely warm, so a thin layer goes a long ways. It's especially delicious on a turkey burger with an Oroweat whole-wheat sandwich thin.