LOST Finale !?!

Options
mmrose00
mmrose00 Posts: 253 Member
As we ALL know last night was the ending of a show I felt has been the most captivating, thought-provoking series in my lifetime.

With that said...What were your thoughts on the ending of LOST? Clearly we did not get all of our questions answered like...What do the numbers mean? What happened to Walt? in addition to tons more..

But seriously....What did you think, after dedication 6 yrs to the series...

Replies

• 3babybeans
    3babybeans Posts: 8,268 Member
    Options
    Love Love Love Love LOVED it! I think it was just enough. i love how the producers didn't feel like they HAD to answer all the questions...let's the viewer use their immagination a little more. :smile: I walked away with a feeling of closure. :laugh:
  • lesserJess
    lesserJess Posts: 9
    Options
    I was expecting more.... So did they die when the plane orginally crashed ???
  • cdavis1126
    cdavis1126 Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I loved it. Kinda sad that you realize they are all dead at the end. So one theory of mine is that when Jack died on the island, he went to this kinda alternate life where he lived until the others had died as well. It could have been another 30 years for Sawyer and Kate, for example, while Jin and Sun where already dead and waiting/living in this alternate life. Kinda far out and hard to get your head around but I take it at face value. I think Walt got off the island and then at some point he died and joined the others in the alternate life.
  • fauxdetresse
    Options
    i was content with the ending. there needs to be some mystery left over-- that is what the show was about, after all. i am pleased with the ending, and especially how they brought jack's father back.
  • beckym71
    beckym71 Posts: 3,511
    Options
    :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: it!!!!
    No, they didn't die with the plane crash. The 6 years of Island life really happened. The sideways flashes from this season were their lives in purgatory. They met together so they could all move on together out of purgatory. At least that is my take...with a little help from Doc Jensen! :bigsmile:
  • aawh
    aawh Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I was confused after watching, and earlier today read a recap on cnn.com about the finale.

So this is what I think now... that everyone died in the original plane crashed. The very last scene last night was the plane crash, with no one around.

I also think that all of characters were 'lost' in their own lives when the crash happened. They needed to resolve their own issues in their lives before their souls could move on. That is what the flash sideways were - what they wanted their lives to have been to feel that peace they needed. When they found that they were each able to 'let go'. I think the whole series and story of the island was ultimately Jack's way of finding that peace and letting go.

But in keeping with the Lost tradition, everyone can interpret the ending in their own way.
  • hymiesmom
    hymiesmom Posts: 76
    Options
    With that said...What were your thoughts on the ending of LOST? Clearly we did not get all of our questions answered like...What do the numbers mean? What happened to Walt? in addition to tons more..

I thought it was great! It certainly was a ride! I will certainly miss the time spent around the watercooler trying to figure it all out. I DVR's it so I can watch it again!

The numbers...if you notice on the cave wall each "candidate" is assigned a number. So in a sense they were "lottery" numbers with each person being chosen to be on the island with each other.
  • Kath15
    Kath15 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    I loved it and I bawled my way through it! I think it ended the way it should have -not giving us the answers to every single thing, but enough to satisfy. What I got from it, was that they all survived the plane crash and really experienced what happened on the island and this is what bonded them all together. Jack and a few others actually died on the island, but the others could have died anytime, anywhere. So, in this alternate/purgatory like life, they remember the bonds between them and realize that they have already died. With this understanding, they can now let go and be able to move on to the next one together. They were all 'lost souls' before the plane crash and everything that happened on and off the island and in the alternate life was about resolving their issues and being able to let go and move on. I am sad that it's over because it truly was a unique show with great storytelling, casting, etc, etc. I looked forward to watching it every week and always left pondering about each episode.
  • Shy1979
    Shy1979 Posts: 75
    Options
    I love/loved this show. Lost is without a doubt the best show ever written (in my opinion) but I was soooooo not happy with how it all ended. Of course I'm glad they "left" together, and went on to heaven. But I guess I was just hoping for an ending, where they all meet again and remember each other and then live the life they would have/should have had, had that plane never crashed in the first place! It seems like I'm the only one here, that isn't content with how it ended! I will still re-watch on tiv, I still love it, but I might need some time to get used to the ending!
  • gecallo
    gecallo Posts: 135
    Options
    ...liked the ending...waiting for another show to come along and break the mold.
  • Jennwith2ns
    Jennwith2ns Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    I kinda liked it! People kept telling me it was horrible, but DH and I liked it.

What we got from it, is that they all lived their lives (for who knows how long) and each was stuck in purgatory until ALL of them eventually died. Jack's dad says some died before him.. and some died long after him.. so that is how I took it.

It was nice seeing a lot of the old characters though! I missed charlie and shannon and libby!