I did it!!!!

Options
So excited to say that yesterday I ran my very first HALF MARATHON!! And I LOVED it!

It was truly one of the best days of my life!! The weather was perfect, the crowd was unbelievable and the fact that started and ended the day with some of my very best friends made it all the better! My friend, Jen, and I stayed together the whole time and actually crossed the finish line together, hands in the air, tears rolling down our faces. Then when we realized that our time was so much better than we thought it would be, we were even more excited! We are not fast runners at all ... and we crossed in 2:31!!

I am so proud of all of my friends who ran and especially of myself, I really never thought I could do it ... and I did!!

The PITTSBURGH MARATHON ROCKS and I can't wait til next year!!!

Replies

• khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You should be very proud of yourself :happy:
  • workaholic_nurse
    workaholic_nurse Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    CONGRATULATIONS AND GLAD YOU HAD SO MUCH FUN!
  • ChrissyC1985
    ChrissyC1985 Posts: 406 Member
    Options
    congratulations! that's fantastic- really great time too. very proud for you right now!
    :heart:
  • janfinnegan
    janfinnegan Posts: 17
    Options
    Congratulations! Way to go! :smile:
  • btoeps74
    btoeps74 Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Thats great!! Be very proud.
  • cschiff
    cschiff Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    wonderful!! so inspiring!
  • seths_milf
    seths_milf Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Great job girl!! :flowerforyou:
  • meeper123
    meeper123 Posts: 3,347 Member
    Options
    way to go!!!! You should feel proud and strong and a lot like the Flash lol :)
  • melindasuefritz
    melindasuefritz Posts: 3,509 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!! You should be very proud of yourself :happy:
  • Phoenixchichima
    Options
    hurray for you! thats WONDERFUL!!!! getting healthy has so many victories. you SHOULD be proud of you! I am too! how many barriers have you broken down!
  • MellyLikestoRun
    MellyLikestoRun Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! All that training and one fantastic race - you deserve to be very proud!
  • nicolej1016
    nicolej1016 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    I live in Pittsburgh! Great job!!! Several people I know ran too. Not me, this year. One year, YES! I will be there.

Again, awesome job! :happy:
  • Supershop2mom
    Supershop2mom Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! You look awesome.
  • chrissy10taylor
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!! I think I'm still on my runner's high, 2 days later!!:smile:
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!