Losing Inches Everywhere BUT THIGHS!

Options
I've been on my elliptical everyday for almost two months now, I've lost a few pounds, nothing major, but I've lost a lot of inches, my arms, hips, waist, bust, everything is going down.

Everything but my thighs.. And I have some huge thighs.
As of right now they're sitting at 30 inches. They're massive, and don't seem to be budging, they are however firming up, so maybe they'll start to shrink soon?

Any advice? I'm wondering if throwing some squats in daily would help?

Thanks! :)

Replies

• whierd
    whierd Posts: 14,025 Member
    Options
    Yes, squats, along with several other leg exercises, would help.
  • donyellemoniquex3
    donyellemoniquex3 Posts: 2,384 Member
    Options
    jump squats, deep lunges, etc.
  • Effulgence
    Effulgence Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Yeah this is my problem too. I'm definitely getting smaller... I just still got them big thighs. :/
  • sarahg148
    sarahg148 Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I feel you pain! I feel like I have to lose 20 lbs in order for my thighs and legs to look slimmer and more toned. I have enough muscle...need to shrink them a few inches so my pants fit comfortably. The waist is always too big and the thighs are too snug...errrr.
  • desiv2
    desiv2 Posts: 651 Member
    Options
    I have huge thighs too, and it seems the inches only come off everywhere but there! I'm doing heavy lifting, including squats, and still the inches aren't budging in my thighs. However, I'm holding out hope as I know eventually they will get smaller, and of course, you can't target fat loss. Sigh..
  • ichorica
    ichorica Posts: 475 Member
    Options
    My thighs have measured 1/2 inch bigger since I seriously started squatting real weight. But it seems that is the last to decrease on me too.
  • ktownchik2005
    ktownchik2005 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Sprints!! If you do them right you will definitely feel it:) Great for saddlebags if you have them.
  • Resa52
    Resa52 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I have the same issue! My butt and thighs are my trouble areas and I've lost inches everyonewhere else! Just doesn't seem right!! LOL
  • harshman
    harshman Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I carry most of my weight in my thighs and unfortunately, I had to lose the weight almost everywhere else before it started coming off the thighs. In the past 3 years, I am down about 90 pounds and only the last 20 or so has there been any major inches dropped from my thighs. Before I started on here, I was a size 10 on top and a 14 on the bottom- now things are evening up a bit- 6 on top and 8 on bottom. Squats and lunges help the underlying muscle and will help burn more calories, but ultimately those new muscles are going to be covered by that damn layer of fat until you lose it. Slowly.

It isn't fair! But if it makes you feel any better, it is healthier to carry your weight in your thighs than in your stomach. And it will eventually come off, I swear!

Keep up the good work.