The Core Balance Diet Group

hhhdddggss
hhhdddggss Posts: 119
edited September 21 in Motivation and Support
Anyone out there following Marcelle Pick's plan, THE CORE BALANCE DIET? Would love to compare notes!

Replies

• unknownndoll
    unknownndoll Posts: 161 Member
    I read some of the book on amazon.com... is it a 40/30/30 diet?

That is what I have just recently decided to follow based on the hormone/insulin/balanced diet stuff i have read lately.
  • hhhdddggss
    Kinda sorta. It gets really in-depth with imbalances (including adrenal, hormonal, digestive, etc.) to help guide you as to what to "do" to start getting back in balance. I started it April 1 and have lost quite a bit. Although I considered myself pretty educated before, I really learned a lot from the book and the plan is definitely working. It can be a bit restrictive, so I'm looking for other participants who might have some food exchange ideas.
  • unknownndoll
    ok.... i just checked to make sure and YES!!! this is the type of diet i am following since the end of last week... it is like the zone/ glycimic index/ insulin resistance style diet. I must say that i have a purpose to each meal i plan!! And i feel so much more positive and menally clear since starting to this way just a few days ago. I stay full alot longer too!
  • unknownndoll
    Kinda sorta. It gets really in-depth with imbalances (including adrenal, hormonal, digestive, etc.) to help guide you as to what to "do" to start getting back in balance. I started it April 1 and have lost quite a bit. Although I considered myself pretty educated before, I really learned a lot from the book and the plan is definitely working. It can be a bit restrictive, so I'm looking for other participants who might have some food exchange ideas.

K... i havent read the book, i have just been studing the 40/30/30 meaks concept and fell in love with it.
  • ok.... i just checked to make sure and YES!!! this is the type of diet i am following since the end of last week... it is like the zone/ glycimic index/ insulin resistance style diet. I must say that i have a purpose to each meal i plan!! And i feel so much more positive and menally clear since starting to this way just a few days ago. I stay full alot longer too!

Might I ask what this 40/30/30 means? Been hearing it alot lately. What exactly is it refering to?
  • hhhdddggss
    I know! Me, too! It has truly helped me gain control over my portions. (The book is dynamite, well worth it. :-)
  • unknownndoll
    @ DeannaGarcia

You basically pair 40% Carb (good carbs) / 30% Protien / 30% fat with every meal for a balance that regulates your blood sugar so your hormones and everything back in balance and you dont have spikes from carbs they are digested slower when you pair it. It works out to about 9g carbs, 7g protein, 3g fat ratio.... so i just look at what i am having and mix things to be balanced. so ballparking around- 9/7/3 or 18/14/6... 27/21/9. I dont usually go higher than that because the insulin resistance book says over 32g of carbs in one meal is more likely to store as fat.
  • hhhdddggss
    ok.... i just checked to make sure and YES!!! this is the type of diet i am following since the end of last week... it is like the zone/ glycimic index/ insulin resistance style diet. I must say that i have a purpose to each meal i plan!! And i feel so much more positive and menally clear since starting to this way just a few days ago. I stay full alot longer too!

Might I ask what this 40/30/30 means? Been hearing it alot lately. What exactly is it refering to?

Hi, it refers to eating a balance of 40 percent carbohydrates, 30 percent protein, and 30 percent fat. In the CORE BALANCE program, your carbs come from fruits and veggies and some low-glycemic carbs like brown rice, quinoa, etc. I'm eating gluten-free, so I really adhere to the fruits, veggies and if I do any complex carbs, brown rice and sweet potatoes, green peas, etc. The book is extremely helpful in guiding you in what to eat "first" — what to focus on, I should say. Then it delves into what symptoms you present via short tests to help you determine what imbalance is ruling your body. (My adrenals are all out of whack, for example.) That's a REALLY basic description, there's a bit more to it, but you get the general idea.

I've dropped weight, am better focused, my stomach has "shrunk" (I used to never get full ...), and although my energy level isn't quite that of Wonder Woman YET ... I'm sticking to this plan for sure.
  • hhhdddggss
    @ DeannaGarcia

You basically pair 40% Carb (good carbs) / 30% Protien / 30% fat with every meal for a balance that regulates your blood sugar so your hormones and everything back in balance and you dont have spikes from carbs they are digested slower when you pair it. It works out to about 9g carbs, 7g protein, 3g fat ratio.... so i just look at what i am having and mix things to be balanced. so ballparking around- 9/7/3 or 18/14/6... 27/21/9. I dont usually go higher than that because the insulin resistance book says over 32g of carbs in one meal is more likely to store as fat.

Jackie you are a math whiz, girl! THAT is why I love my book ... I'm too darn lazy to count like you do! I'm unworthy! ;-)
  • ok.... i just checked to make sure and YES!!! this is the type of diet i am following since the end of last week... it is like the zone/ glycimic index/ insulin resistance style diet. I must say that i have a purpose to each meal i plan!! And i feel so much more positive and menally clear since starting to this way just a few days ago. I stay full alot longer too!

Hi, it refers to eating a balance of 40 percent carbohydrates, 30 percent protein, and 30 percent fat. In the CORE BALANCE program, your carbs come from fruits and veggies and some low-glycemic carbs like brown rice, quinoa, etc. I'm eating gluten-free, so I really adhere to the fruits, veggies and if I do any complex carbs, brown rice and sweet potatoes, green peas, etc. The book is extremely helpful in guiding you in what to eat "first" — what to focus on, I should say. Then it delves into what symptoms you present via short tests to help you determine what imbalance is ruling your body. (My adrenals are all out of whack, for example.) That's a REALLY basic description, there's a bit more to it, but you get the general idea.

I've dropped weight, am better focused, my stomach has "shrunk" (I used to never get full ...), and although my energy level isn't quite that of Wonder Woman YET ... I'm sticking to this plan for sure.

WOW! That's GREAT! Thank you for the info. Any idea if I can get more info over the internet...or how I'd look it up? Sounds really great, I'm gonna give it a try! Thanks again to both of you :)
  • unknownndoll

I didnt read this book entirely, i read some of the insulin resistance, zone, the formula (my favorite) and some of this book on amazon.com. The whole concept makes sence and i love it and its something i feel i will continue forever... not just while losing weight... when i add back more calories i will still be "linking and balancing" foods. I have read it is good for children as well and i will be starting to do this with my son (maybe not to the fullest extent, but you know what i mean)
  • hhhdddggss
    I do ... it's really helped me get control over my IBS and frankly, I can't even think of eating any other way, it's made that big of a difference. I'm driving my friends nuts talking about the book and plan (the author oughta give me a cut, I've referred so many people to it!). It's even surprisingly stopped my need for my usual nighttime snack.
  • unknownndoll
    @ DeannaGarcia

Jackie you are a math whiz, girl! THAT is why I love my book ... I'm too darn lazy to count like you do! I'm unworthy! ;-)

LOL... i got it based on one of the other books i previewed on amazon... seriously makes it SOOOOO easy !!!! just read the lable and combine!! LOL !!!! LOVE IT!!
  • unknownndoll
    I do ... it's really helped me get control over my IBS and frankly, I can't even think of eating any other way, it's made that big of a difference. I'm driving my friends nuts talking about the book and plan (the author oughta give me a cut, I've referred so many people to it!). It's even surprisingly stopped my need for my usual nighttime snack.

That is great.... I dont have anything to corect other than "hormones" I was just in a rut of bad moods and emotional roller coaster... and then the whole eat protien with your fruit/carbs thing made so much sence about the insulin thing!!! it amazes me too... i try not to talk too much about things because i dont like being one of "those people" that say everyone has to do what they are doing.... everyone is different and can do what works for them! but this gives me enough freedom to pick and choose and dosnt eliminate food groups out of your diet (low carb/ low fat diets) so i can totally live with it!
  • hhhdddggss
    Haaa ... we can be one of "those people" here without judgement I guess. I should check out that Formula book. Is it the one by the Daost couple? Might give me some recipe ideas.
  • swade32
    swade32 Posts: 8 Member
    I am currently reading and it is interesting. I started South Beach again until I get my head wrapped around this one. So did you do the 2 week eating plan and then do adrenal diet. Since that is the one I have to work on. Any information will be appreciated.
  • hhhdddggss
    Hi there, yes I did Core for about a month then switched to adrenal. I lost 31 but for the past three weeks unfortunately have plateaued. I look back at my progress (I started April 1 on the plan) and notice now that I will plateau for a couple of weeks, then lose about three lbs. Then maybe 1. Then a longer plateau, etc. Right now, I'm struggling again. A bit frustrated BUT I've also not been as "perfect" as I was the first 12 weeks, when my weight loss was the fastest. It's the portions for me ... but I've pulled out the book again and am going to get back into it asap. Good luck!
  • irisgal58
    irisgal58 Posts: 1 Member
    Can anyone give me the list of preferred foods and the ones to avoid. I had the list when I did this diet last year and lost 13 lbs in 4 months. Have gaine dit back and want to try it again.. I had obtained it off the website, but they have taken the list down. Don't want to buy the book just for the food list. I know it included all organics, veggies, fruits, brown rice, chicken, no sugar, no white anything, no diet drinks, no alcohol etc.....but I forget the specifics. Especially for the first 2-week jumpstart. Thanks!
  • I am thinking of starting this diet myself. A friend of mine did it over the summer and lost more than 20 lbs - she looks awesome! and best of all, she feels great and has way more energy. The Eating Plan seems based on common sense and the recipes look easy-to-make and sound delicious. I really like that this isn't some fad crash diet, but changing the way you eat for long term health and weight loss.
This discussion has been closed.