Why are you really on MFP?

Options
2stepscloser
2stepscloser Posts: 2,900 Member
Occasionally, I notice people who have been MFP members for a couple of years only to have come no where near their goal...for instance someone (who has been a member since 2010) lost 7 lbs of a 65 lb goal.

REALLY? What have you been doing for 3 years in that you have only lost 7 lbs?

Replies

• ChloeRoseLejeune
    Options
    Probably looking for Jeff.
  • InnerConflict
    InnerConflict Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    The Boobs
  • JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh
    JustCallMe_Tanya_Eh Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    The Boobs

This
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options
    and then someone like me is stuck at 8.5 of 10 lb goal, and every day when I hit complete diary, MFP promises that in 5 weeks I will be blah blah blah pounds.

I stayed for the women, btw.
  • 2stepscloser
    Options
    and then someone like me is stuck at 8.5 of 10 lb goal, and every day when I hit complete diary, MFP promises that in 5 weeks I will be blah blah blah pounds.

And you've got an awesome FL!
  • Thewatcher_66
    Thewatcher_66 Posts: 1,643 Member
    Options
    Occasionally, I notice people who have been MFP members for a couple of years only to have come no where near their goal...for instance someone (who has been a member since 2010) lost 7 lbs of a 65 lb goal.

REALLY? What have you been doing for 3 years in that you have only lost 7 lbs?

I'm here to create a nice stable of women who will satisfy all of my needs. ha ha ha ha

Just kidding. When I first joined MFP, it was to lose 20 pounds and I've succeeded but gained 10 of it back. Seriously, my friends that I've made are the greatest and they help me stay motivated..........and that would include the OP. Hey Meredith, how ya doin baby. :)
  • NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,285 Member
    Options

You make it awesome, you! <cheesy song>
  • JeepBaja
    JeepBaja Posts: 1,824 Member
    Options
    Been here 860+ days and I'm just barely half way there. The past year has been a bust for me unfortunately. I don't judge though. I knew my way was not the best or lets face it, not working. Oh well. I don't beat up on myself nor do I let others...
  • gerard54
    gerard54 Posts: 1,107 Member
    Options
    Bang, Date, Marry or Pass haha...
  • 2stepscloser
    Options

You make it awesome, you! <cheesy song>

I like my eye candy as much as you like your women :)
  • Katina3333
    Katina3333 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the comradery... its nice to have people (even if they're miles away) hold you accountable & give you support. Right now I feel like an outsider trying to find the secret way in, but it just gives me one more reason to log on and try hard. lol
  • mmuzzatti
    mmuzzatti Posts: 706 Member
    Options
    To get good deals on the stock market! Actually for boobie day!
  • j4nash
    j4nash Posts: 1,719 Member
    Options
    i've wondered the same
  • 970Mikaela1
    970Mikaela1 Posts: 2,013 Member
    Options
    I'm here for the comradery... its nice to have people (even if they're miles away) hold you accountable & give you support. Right now I feel like an outsider trying to find the secret way in, but it just gives me one more reason to log on and try hard. lol

there's a Way in you think? Keep up the hard work.
    Im here cuz there's no going back for me.
  • Amy62575
    Amy62575 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    I'm one of these people you pointed out, ever so kindly in your post. Life happens. People die. We eat more and exercise less. We fail. We try again. Maybe more **** happens and we fall off the wagon. And we try again.

Thanks for your empathy :laugh:
  • heartofviolet
    heartofviolet Posts: 119 Member
    Options
    I've been here since September 2011, nearly two years, and I've only lost 10 pounds. What are you implying, that I shouldn't be here because I've only lost that in that amount of time...?

I'm not perfect, and neither is anyone else, but to be honest with you, I don't owe you an explanation and neither does anyone else. Life happens (and so does death). Have a little compassion.
  • sarah44254
    sarah44254 Posts: 3,078 Member
    Options
    I'm one of these people you pointed out, ever so kindly in your post. Life happens. People die. We eat more and exercise less. We fail. We try again. Maybe more **** happens and we fall off the wagon. And we try again.

Thanks for your empathy :laugh:

yep.
    I came here originally to support a friend counting her calories. I stayed because I liked to learn about health and fitness. I lost weight, got fit, gained weight, lost some fitness, lost some weight.

Now I'm still here. Still counting calories 80% of the time. Still getting fit.
  • brower47
    brower47 Posts: 16,356 Member
    Options
    It's taken me three years to lose roughly 35lbs. I sometimes experience long plateaus and sometimes just eat at maintenance for months at a time. I don't know about everyone else ( and I haven't been a member all that long) but that's why my counter doesn't move very often. Also, I only weigh in once a month. That's my serious reply to a tongue and cheek thread. :smile:
  • mikey1976
    mikey1976 Posts: 1,005 Member
    Options
    I've been here since September 2011, nearly two years, and I've only lost 10 pounds. What are you implying, that I shouldn't be here because I've only lost that in that amount of time...?

i've lost pounds and put them back on even add more. its call life i'm not perfect
  • weinbagel
    weinbagel Posts: 337 Member
    Options

lol, i always wondered about the "you'll be XXXlbs in X weeks" thing... it never seems to be attainable!
This discussion has been closed.