Im sooo confused that i dont even know what to do anymore.

Options
hi im 20 years of age an i been confused soo much lately with people telling me one thing and people telling me others.. i been trying to be on a diet to lose atleast 60 pounds since i weight 263 an well i been wanting to be on a diet of atleast 1500 calories a day.. im confused about a couple of things.. the thing is how do we need to burn more then we eat? i kno many will tell me that we lose calories just by breathing an heart pounding etc.. what im confused about is i been told that if i eat less calories then my bmr then i would lose or lets just say burn calories for example.. my bmr is 2400 if i eat 1500 a day wont i be burning 900 without the additional excersise added? some people say no its not true an no you shouldent eat lower then what you're bmr is.. but how so? if there is many overweight that are on 1500 calories or even less probally a day an that is way lower then what there bmr is for there weight? btw ive been told by numerous people that if i eat 1500 calories an that my bmr is 2400 i would burn 900 off of me but then again ive been told by someone who has been on yahoo answers on the diet and fitness section for a good while now an has 75% answers right.. if its not trust please explain to me what i need to do to lose weight.. please im really confused.. thank you.

Replies

• chriswhudson
    Options
    It takes 3500 calories BURNED to lose 1lb. for example:
    if you ate 2800 cal a day x7days = 19600 calories consumed a week
    if you burned 3200 ( BMR & exercise) Cal a day x 7days = 22,400 calories burned a week
    22,400 -19600=2,800 net burned for the week it's not quite a lb lost but it's .8 lost

How do you know what you burn a day? look up BMR and enter your body data. I absolutely eat below my BMR this allows me to create the deficit. I explain this to say that I have lost 55lbs in 6 months and I work out roughly twice a week, but walk 3 miles 3 days a week in the summer............hope this helps................. A 1000cal deficit a day is probably the most you should shoot for, until your learn to eat the right types of protein and fiber, and ensure you load your body with 10 cups a water. If you eat at your maintenance level you will stay the same or loose weight very slowly!!!!!!
  • redraidergirl2009
    redraidergirl2009 Posts: 2,560 Member
    Options
    I ate below my bmr for 3months almost daily, didn't lose any weight that stayed off. It worked at first a few years ago when I started dieting.
  • TGOD12344321
    Options
    Please Help Me!

Ok I'm 6'2 male 240 lbs looking to lose some fat. I downloaded the myfitnesspal app for android and I'm confused on how it all works and I can't seem to find answers..

does it calculate my bmr already??

Im trying to get down to 200 lbs, 2 lbs a week also, myfitnesspal set a goal of 1500 calories a day for me..

Now I calculated my bmr and it is 2371.8

do I need to eat the 2371.8 calories a day?? Or what?? I'm really confused...

here's my data from today
    Goal- 1500
    calories Food-1950 calories I ate today Excercise- 698 I burned today through excercise Net-1217
    Calories remaining- 283 calories did I do good?

Will I lose weight? Do I need to eat the 2371.8 a day then excercise and burn to get the net to 1500?

I'm really confused about all this, as today was my first full day at it, please help what do I need to do to lose 2 pounds a week to get to 200 lbs how much should I eat and how many calories should I aim to burn through exercise?

should the calories remaining be a positive number as close to zero without going under?

Should the net calories come out to be more than the 1500 or less than the 1500 calorie goal??