no response the last time

Options
Gabrielm80
Gabrielm80 Posts: 1,458 Member
I have one or two really supportive friends, several other in the background, and looking for more active supporters. I'm a dad and hasband in a house with all girls. I guess their teen years will cause a gray hair or two. I need desparately to loss weight. Had health issues including a heart stint by the age of 30. I tried blind dieting but that didn't work. I wasn't eating enough so any carbs I ate burned away muscle and was stored as fat. I am losing weight as slowly as I can because I want this to be a life change not a quick diet. I am enjoying MFP because I am eating more calories and I know what's going in my body and control what gets burned. I am very supportive when it comes to milestones. I try not to only say a generic way to go but I admit I do sometimes on meal diary's when they back all up. I can talk someone's head off so let me be upfront about that now. If you enjoy introverts I might not be your type of friend. Me on the other hand take all kinds of people. I do look at food diary's unless you request I don't.
Last time I posted this type of topic I got little interest I hope that was due to bad timing.

Replies

• rwc4912
    rwc4912 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me to your list
    I am about 3 weeks in and am pretty active

Please feel free to look at my diary
    and have at it, knowlegde and insight can come from anywhere
  • RyanneRose
    RyanneRose Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    If you're not just looking for guys to add, I'd be happy to jump in :) I'm a wife and mom with a 1yr old girl, trying t lose weight in a life-change kind of way (not a quick diet way). Admittedly I make some bad food choices still (like dinner last night), but I'm working on it. I'm about a month in and I try to comment on updates and things fairly frequently.
  • jdad1
    jdad1 Posts: 1,899 Member
    Options
    You are added if you so choose.
  • samr73
    samr73 Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    Hi, you add me if you like :smile:
  • Ralphrabbit
    Ralphrabbit Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me! Happy to cheer anybody on the same journey......
  • mockchoc
    mockchoc Posts: 6,573 Member
    Options
    Happy to help. Mum or two grown boys. Add me if you want!
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    Added all of you, thanks and no I don't care if your female or male. I can see why females should be on guard with who they allow request them, but I don't mind women friends as long as they don't mind me being a man. Like I said I take all kinds as long as you want to bring or gain positivity into this experience I welcome it.
  • ellepribro
    ellepribro Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm on here all the time. I motivate all of my friends, but I need more who motivate me as well!
  • kpepin3
    kpepin3 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I have a 2 year old daughter, and have been working at this lifestyle change since last July. I don't mind if you look at my food journal, but I'll be the first to admit there are days where even I look at it and think, "now why did I eat this, again?" Oh well, we're all working at it, motivating each other, and getting healthier - that's what matters.
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    Thanks for all the replies. Been gaining some really supportive friends.
  • happydaze71
    happydaze71 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me.... I am very motivated to reach my goals, and help others reach theirs.
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    Thank you
  • Willowana
    Willowana Posts: 493 Member
    Options
    Here and back again.....a Tolkien fan I'm guessing? I love me some nerdy friends. Feel free to add me.
  • wheezeybouncer
    wheezeybouncer Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :O) Mam to 3 monsters, married for 14.5yrs and carer to 2 aged parents. Love to bake and get my sweat on at the gym (between swimming, shooting bows n arrows and the school run!)
  • RedRita32
    RedRita32 Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    You can add me to! :drinker: but I got to warn you now that I don't always eat very clean lol
  • tennileb
    tennileb Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I'm always looking for more active supporters, and people I can provide support t. I'm a wife (well , technically a wife-to-be), mom of a teenage boy ...blah blah blah

I don't care what gender my on line supports are :)
  • YourTasteBudWade
    Options
    Add me too if you like . Im new here . I have logged in everyday since I started and have been keeping track of my food as close as possible . This is an awesome site .
  • Gabrielm80
    Options
    Here and back again.....a Tolkien fan I'm guessing? I love me some nerdy friends. Feel free to add me.

Yes subtle Tolkien ref. Not a Tolkien fan boy, but do appreciate the greatness of his works. And am always referencing something from my wide range of interests
  • frasergentles
    frasergentles Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me. I'm a dad in a house full of girls also! I achieved my goal and changed my life.
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    Add me if you like