Dinner replacement shake

Options
Hi!
I`m looking to find some meal replacement shake which I could take instead of my dinner-which I have just at 7-8 pm = quite late for a meal. I assume that my late dinners could be the reason why I can`t get rid of my extra 10 kg...
Please advise a low sugar meal replacement shake, which would be Ok for dinner?

Replies

• JenMc14
    JenMc14 Posts: 2,389 Member
    Options
    I don't see how a meal at 7 or 8 is different than a shake at 7 or 8, you're still consuming calories at 7 or 8.And, quite honestly, I don't think eating at 7 or 8 is going to be the cause of a weight loss stall, the last pounds come off suuuuuuper slow. I actually got down to 117 when I was cutting without stopping. Then, I slowly added calories back. I started eating a little more, the holidays were upon me, and I gained 10-12 pounds. I cannot get that weight off. I'm having a hard time getting back into a cut mentality. So, I saw, don't stress, eat healthily, stay in your calorie goals and just have patience.

Other than that , I'm not really familiar with any specific meal replacement shakes, but you could always make your own using fruit, veggies, Greek yogurt and protein powder.
  • Inesesfitnesspal
    Inesesfitnesspal Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I`m considering Walker Diet® Meal Replacement Drink. My dinner is so late, cos, I`m at home just ~7-8 pm, but I could have the drink ~5-6 pm - it could keep me full until I get home and then have some vegetables.

P.S. I can`t find time for sports, just 10-15 min squats daily... So the diet has the main role...

http://www.vitacost.com/walker-diet-meal-replacement-drink-chocolate-36-5-oz-1
  • _Zardoz_
    _Zardoz_ Posts: 3,987 Member
    Options
    The time you eat is going to make no difference to the weight. It's the calorie deficit that makes the difference. So if you replace a 500 calories meal with a 500 calories shake your deficit is the same.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    Hi!
    I`m looking to find some meal replacement shake which I could take instead of my dinner-which I have just at 7-8 pm = quite late for a meal. I assume that my late dinners could be the reason why I can`t get rid of my extra 10 kg...
    Please advise a low sugar meal replacement shake, which would be Ok for dinner?

That's a silly assumption, since it has no real bearing on your weight loss
  • Inesesfitnesspal
    Options
    The shake would be ~200 kcal.
    But You tend to think that a shake isn`t such a good idea?

Considering that I`m going to bed at 10 pm- just few hours after Dinner- I think it has an affect on why I`m not losing weight.
  • TravisBikes
    TravisBikes Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    Eat real food. It doesn't matter when you eat, or what you eat (if it gets your macro requirements).
  • drefaw
    drefaw Posts: 739
    Options
    but if you replace a 500cal meal with a 120cal MSR, it is a difference. I don't know many MSR'd worth a hoot that are 500 cal anyways.

I use Ideal Shape or 310 nutrition MSR's. They have worked great for me. they are both on the 'net, you can check them out easily .......
  • Inesesfitnesspal
    Options
    310 nutrition MSR's look good :) Thanks for the advice! But they are available in US, Any suggestions of products available in Europe?
  • redhead1910
    redhead1910 Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I make my own smoothies for dinner that I usually have very late due to my work schedule.

1 scoop protein powder
    1.5 cups of spinach
    1.5 cups romaine lettuce
    2 cups of water
    1 banana
    1apple
    1 pear
    4 stalks of celery
    Juice from 1/2 lemon

This is packed with nutrients and is actually really tasty. I swear by this.