Appetizer ideas

Options
I am having a small "Fight Party" to watch the UFC fight between Rampage and Rasheed Evans. I have been attempting to plan my menu and really want to incorporate some healthy yet creative dishes. I would love to hear some ideas or suggestions.

Thanks Luves!

Mandi

Replies

• aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Chicken Stuffed Poblano Peppers - http://askgeorgie.com/?p=2330
  • gabyp0716
    gabyp0716 Posts: 351 Member
    Options
    Hello,
    How about some humus and veggies (instead of ranch). Humus is the best.
    Fresh homemade salsa and chips
    Corn on the cob
    Homemade fruit salad.
    Just a couple ideas :)
  • ssmom
    ssmom Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Meatballs made with ground turkey and marinara sauce
    Make turkey wraps and slice into smaller pieces
    A pickle and olive tray--I find that if I put out pickles I will munch on them instead of chips because they are still crunchy and salty
    Fat free hotdogs cut in half and baked in cresent rolls

I love to eat and entertain so I am trying to come up with ideas all the time. Hope you can figure something good and tasty out that all of your guests can enjoy--on a diet or not!
  • Thinwithin2010
    Thinwithin2010 Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    roll out a pillsbury cresant roll onto a cookie sheet. try to stretch it out alittle. put in oven using temp on outside of pkg. bake till slightly golden brown. in seperate bowl mix softened fat free creme cheese 8 oz a small fat free sourcreme and a pkg of italian seasoning mix . or ranch.. or even mix them. alittle at a time...(i usually taste to make sure not to strong..). when cresant cools completely spread the whole top with the cheese mixture and take whatever veggies you like and chop them very small. i use some broccoli, califlower, red peppers and carrots.. sprinkle it all over the top and then slice into pieces, triangles squares?? ( I slice it with a pizza cutter what ever shape you want..). it is very good and somewhat healthy...