LATE NIGHT WORKOUT IDEAS?

ash15nicole
ash15nicole Posts: 131
edited September 21 in Fitness and Exercise
So while at work, I enter all my foods and exercises into MFP, and I always feel that I want/need to burn more calories! The only problem is..I get off work at 11pm and I don't get home til around midnight. Do you guys have any good ideas for some calorie-burning workouts I could do that late? Everyone is asleep so that's another factor that plays into it, or else I'd do Insanity again! lol

Thanks for any help!

p.s. I know running outdoors would be great but I'm too scared. lol and I don't have a treadmil :/

Replies

• 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Maybe do some basic crunches, ab stuff, push ups, etc. They don't make alot of noise, and you can do them anywhere.
  • Ge0rgiana
    Ge0rgiana Posts: 1,649 Member
    Yoga! Not only will you burn some calories, yoga is relaxing, so the exertion won't keep you awake.
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Try pilates. They are not a jumping around type of exercise, but they do burn calories and help you firm up.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Yoga! Not only will you burn some calories, yoga is relaxing, so the exertion won't keep you awake.
    Try pilates. They are not a jumping around type of exercise, but they do burn calories and help you firm up.

Both these. You don't want to work out too hard right before you go to sleep - assuming you sleep pretty soon after getting home - so something low-impact such as yoga or pilates would be great, but also very beneficial for your joints, muscles, and body fat!
  • ash15nicole
    ash15nicole Posts: 131

Both these. You don't want to work out too hard right before you go to sleep - assuming you sleep pretty soon after getting home - so something low-impact such as yoga or pilates would be great, but also very beneficial for your joints, muscles, and body fat!

OH I DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF THOSE!! See that's why I love you guys and MFP!! :love:
    THANK YOU!! I will be doing that tonight! :happy:
  • StVal
    StVal Posts: 91
    What about jumping rope or using a hula hoop in your backyard? Whenever I decide to use my jump rope again, I use in my back alley, by my car.
This discussion has been closed.