Plateau!!

Options
I was showing slow but steady success each week for 3 1/2 months but it seems that in the past few weeks the more I am exercising the more I am at a standstill. I am making sure to eat back my calories and I have changed my macro ratios so that I am intaking more proteins. I don't understand what my problem is and it's beginning to get frustrating!! I was hoping to be back to a more reasonable weight by my birthday (July 23) but at this rate I am getting a little disillusioned. Help!!!

Replies

• candicane32081
    candicane32081 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Sometimes changing your exercise up will help you break through a plateau. Nice job on the weight loss so far!
  • ladypitek
    ladypitek Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    Thank you! I went on a few reallllly intense hikes this week, way more difficult than normal. And I also started doing a lot of squats a week or 2 ago. I know I'm definitely more muscular than I was last month but I don't really buy into that whole "muscle weighs more than fat" excuse because I thought having more muscle was supposed to aid your metabolism and help burn more fat more frequently. I wish I could afford a personal trainer to help with all this stuff!!
  • briabner
    briabner Posts: 427 Member
    Options
    You might also want to try zig zagging your calories. Look at your calorie intake over a weeks time instead of just by the day. Lets say (example purposes) that you are supposed to eat 1200 calories per day so over a 7 day period that would be 8400 for the week. On 1 day eat 1200 calories, then the next eat 1600 calories. You get the idea each day eat slightly different amount of calories all adding up to the weekly goal. Alot of times it just takes simple changes to break a plateau. What worked for me was increasing my calories and changing up working out.